long term seed storage

• Thread starter Seed Buyer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Seed Buyer

What would be the best way to store some seeds for the next 5 years? They have already been in the fridge for the last year. Thanks

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

this really isnt the proper place for this thread but i will give you the answer from most if not all farmers.

put your beans in a mason jar that seals TIGHT! then put rice in that jar and place it in the freezer. i personally havent stored seeds for that long of a period but that is going to be your best bet to keep them viable for a long time.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I put save mine juss like cheese but I put them in the refrigerator.. Damn maybe I should stick them I the freezer now..

S

Seed Buyer

Posted this in the breeder forum to no avail. I knew there would be some seed whores on the Alien forum so I stuck it here. Thanks gonna try and find a tiny glass jar to store them stealth like in the freezer. Thanks peeps

NorCalPiffery

NorCalPiffery

I can give you 101% advice on how to store our medicine until Dooms Day comes; including seeds. My Caregiver donates me a larger amount at a time because I have a severe bone disease which causes me to have to use much more cannabis than I did before I quit the pain medication. There is this thing called the Pump N Seal. When I tell you it completely air tight seals you're jars for GOOD, (It cans them for eternity until you pop them open). So when I get my medicine from my Caregiver I jar it all up, Pump N Seal them all, them bust 1 open when I finish 1 jar. Seeds & Meds will stay good forever as long as it is vaccume sealed and this is the best 1 those mechanical ones don't work like this. Im telling you...this tool has saved my life. http://www.pump-n-seal.com/

NorCalPiffery

NorCalPiffery

I can give you 101% advice on how to store our medicine until Dooms Day comes; including seeds. My Caregiver donates me a larger amount at a time because I have a severe bone disease which causes me to have to use much more cannabis than I did before I quit the pain medication. There is this thing called the Pump N Seal. When I tell you it completely air tight seals you're jars for GOOD, (It cans them for eternity until you pop them open). So when I get my medicine from my Caregiver I jar it all up, Pump N Seal them all, them bust 1 open when I finish 1 jar. Seeds & Meds will stay good forever as long as it is vaccume sealed and this is the best 1 those mechanical ones don't work like this. Im telling you...this tool has saved my life. http://www.pump-n-seal.com/ *I forgot to add as long as it stays within 50-75 degrees it will be fine forever...no less...no more...about the temp part...no freezer or fridge bullcrap.

Top Bottom