long time coming ,new cab grow

• Thread starter Darkone7
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Darkone7

5 down and 3 to go

This is the start of sixth week of flower for the girls in green.

With the last feeding done,the rest of the cycle should chew up the residuall nutes still in the soil.
Most of the large fan leaves are starting to show some yellow now,so the ripening stage is definately under way.

Humidity in the cab is still climbing.With the extra mass of the plants and the wetter cooler ambient air,
this could be an issue through the winter months.I will be installing an exhaust fan and filter for next run.
Two of my three little orphans I have chopped.They were no longer taking any water nor were they gaining any more mass.
As sad as they were,my buddy should be getting about 1/2 ounce for his stranded girls LOL.

The third orphan is the largest and will come down end of this week.
I am still not sure that the early skunk plant I rescued is going to be done at the same time as the rest.
If it were an 8 week strain I would say it is two weeks behind. . .but she isnt an 8 weeker so she could be a month behind.
If she is even close to ready i will take her down with the rest.I dont want to delay starting the next round just for one plant.
This is the drawback of having a single cab for veg and flower.

The main crop of KushX's is doing very well.There may be gaps in the main colas on a few but most of them are filling the spaces nicely.
So far so good. . . three weeks to go!

Ng39
Ng40
Ng41
Ng42
S

Sense I. Milla

Looks like you know what you're doing!

Sorry for the extra stretching, that can be kinda a hassle to deal w/.

I wish I had a veg room and separate bloom room too...

F

frostedlove

THOSE girls ARE bustn out at the seems!
Make sure your sticks are secured good in there.
Don't want to wake up to broken steam....

Looking GOOD and Tasty

D

Darkone7

Heading for the home stretch....

it seems like this run is taking bloody forever! LOL
probably has something to do with the fact that it was in the high 90's when I planted this crop and now it's freakin cold out.Makes a guy feel like he's been at it for 6 freakin months.
had a couple of the main colas just touching the shade for a night.Although the shade stays cool enough to leave your hand against,it did curl the top hairs down on a couple of buds LOL
No serious damage though.
have hacked the last of the three lost orphans,trimmed dried and sent them back to the owner.
The first 2 little ones produced just over a 1/4 the last girl just over a 1/2.
The rest of the girls are filling in nicely. I dont think I will have any issues of reaching over my 1/2 lb from the 400watt.Hoping closer to 3/4...time will tell.
I have learned a fair bit about this new cabinet on this run.Overall I am very happy with it.Swapping between HOCFL and HID is fast and easy.The space is easy to work and is a good size for a 400hid,a 600hid or two 8 racks of HOCFL.
With a dozen plants in 3 gallon buckets I still have space empty by the doors for the fan and other gear to stay out of the plants and lights way.
I am really concidering using two of the Badboy 8 light racks for next run.I think that 16 blue spec would give me massive veg,and I am anxious to see what I can get with two racks of red spec in flower.
I think the height and depth of the cabinet would be able to take full advantage of High output compact floro T-5's.
Besides this is a hobby and the T-5 concept is a newer one for me than HID digital or not.
Girls are getting naught but water of course from here to harvest,Temps are remaining stable in mid seventies at peak light cycle and humidity is a bit high but not problematical.
Thats it for first day of week 7's report.

Ng42
Ng43
Ng44
Ng45
D

Darkone7

last week

Last week of existance for the girls in this show.

The big initial stretch is going to cost me some weight in the long run.
The main colas arent bad but they havent all managed to join with lower buds.

As the girls havent had any food of any type for 3 weeks they wont need a flush...love organic growing LOL

Still havent fully decided but I am leaning towards trying a 16 bulb T-5 run next time.Or I may just switch up from the Quantum 400 to the 600 watt digital ballast.

Temps and humidity did not become an issue at all on this run so at least the airflow is working.I am going to change the way the lights are hung though.
I want to be able to get them flush to the roof at peak height,which I cant do with the present configuration.

Anyways...they start coming down this weekend, I will post final results of harvest.

Ng46
Ng47
Ng48
Ng49
D

Darkone7

Done for now...

Well, all the girls are down and dried.
My little alien orphan looked nice...but it smells like a box of rubber bands.Tastes reasonable though.
All the other girls came out very sweet with reasonably hard nugs after curing.
I did make my goal of 1/2lb dry.Actully,three grams over LOL.Not bad for a 400.Would have done better yet I think,had the girls not stretched so bad during pre-flower.

What really amazes me though...is no one really noticed that I battled spider mites the whole way through the grow.
Although I had cleaned the cab very well after the last run,turned out some christmas cactus I had in my bathroom picked up mites from being set out side for a while this spring.
Guess the little bastids hitched a ride on me into the grow room.

So I have re-sterilized the cabinet, pots etc.and treated my house plants so that should be that for the damn bugs.

This next run I have set up for I will be doing under a double 8 lamp rack of T-5s. I really want to see what these Quantum Badboy fixtures can do on thier own.My last T-5 run was 8 bulbs anf I had no flowering spectrum bulbs.I still made just over a QP from it.
So I am going to compare a 16 bulb run with proper spectrum bulbs,and see how it compares to the 400 HID.

So thats that for this grow everyone.I will start a new thread next week when my seedlings have popped....thanks for following along.

Top Bottom