long time reader, first time posting

• Thread starter l. lemon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

l. lemon

Hi all-
i'm a new member here, trying to become more participatory in the forums instead of just reading from afar. the site has been really helpful for me in the past, and i'm hoping to become a part of it now.
i'm growing in the states, out of homeboxes. i'm working with a partner, so i primarily do the cloning/vegging stuff.
we are growing a variety of strains, in the midst of deciding what to keep and what to let go. in the last year i've learned how to keep big moms, deal with pm and thrips, use the CAP ebb&grow buckets. in the next year, i hope to become a more consistent farmer, beat the pm, and do more flowering.
and to anyone out there, are there any girls on here? i'm a girl, and would love to find out how many women are on here and doing it up.
-l

420Gator

420Gator

could you recommend any good threads on cloning? i took 3 last week 1st try and none of them took. anyway goodluck with the pm, my RH is really low and that seems to be keeping it away

M

MASSES 420KING

GATOR ARE YOU SERIOUSLY ASKING THE NEWB YOU NEWB LOL oh shit yes there are plenty of girl growers on this site im not one of them but yes there are and welcome to the farm and 420 gator go to the search engine on top of the boards and type in cloning or what ever your problem is or pm me and i can try to help you out

P

peabody

l. lemon have not posted in a long time " BUT THIS SITE ROCKS" welcome. be safe peabody.

L

l. lemon

thanks for the welcome, everyone.
i might be a newb here, but not new to the garden. i don't have decades of experience, but i have a few years.
i don't know any good cloning threads off hand, but for starters, what are you putting clones in? i use rockwool, so that's where a lot of my knowledge/experience is. i treat the rockwool at ph 5.5 with supernaturals rockwool soak, this works great and i usually don't have to start feeding the clones anything for 2-3 weeks. this is after roots have emerged from the cube. the right temperature has also been an important factor for me. my clones live in what i think is 80-83 degrees. NO heating mat. i keep domes on the trays, just spraying with water halfway through their light cycle for the first three days--i then start to open the vents more and more with each day, on day five, the dome comes off. my trays sit 8-12 inches under 3 small (23 inches) t5's. sometimes i apply a foliar nitrogen, such as grotek instagreen. i do this when the clones start to look dull, or when they start to lose vigor. if they are starting to yellow, i definitely spray. by foliar feeding, i'm able to continue to let the rockwool cube completely dry out before i feed it again. if i can get the rockwool cubes to dry out then the roots will pop out, in search of water/food. if you just keep feeding a wet cube, the roots will never emerge. when they do, they will be weak.
Also, when i initially treat the rockwool I innoculate it with a bacillus subtilis to keep pathogens at bay. i have learned that this is a key part of keeping clones, and all veg plants, healthy and vigorous.

i will keep my eyes out for the other chicks, thanks masses.

Latest posts

Top Bottom