Long Time Site Lurker, Finally Decided To Join

• Thread starter Dek
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dek

Hi farm, glad to be here. Checked out a lot of the different forums and this one seemed to be the best by a fair amount. Figured I'd introduce myself since I plan on sticking around, already learned a hell of a lot just from browsing old threads on here.

4 year CA medical patient (keeps me off a lot of heavier meds) and beginning grower. Just running a bare minimum one plant grow to learn by doing, maybe I'll even get some halfway decent buds out of it. I'm already a fruit/veg gardener so I'm hoping it translates haha. I actually feel a little bad because I'm running some nice genetics that are gonna be wasted by my noobishness

Smoked my first bowl 8 years ago, was on and off for a few years until college in WA. I found a strain that kicked my insomnia's ass without the side effects of sleep meds (Purple Urkel Btw). I was in WA the year legalization went through, so I started doing a lot of research into strain genetics and medical properties. I've got a background in history and archeology, so the origins of certain strains and history of landraces straight up fascinates me.Since then, I've been deep into learning about breeding and basically taught myself the high school bio I never bothered to learn. Hoping to learn more from ya'll and eventually get into hands on breeding down the road. I know I'll be collecting genetics reeeeeal soon

Anyway, if anyone has any info on good afghan-ish landraces (not the common ones) that are worth the time and money to hunt down, let me know. Also very interested in any high CBD strains (2%+) that still have a higher level of THC.

Thanks for the time
- Dek

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Hi farm, glad to be here. Checked out a lot of the different forums and this one seemed to be the best by a fair amount. Figured I'd introduce myself since I plan on sticking around, already learned a hell of a lot just from browsing old threads on here.

4 year CA medical patient (keeps me off a lot of heavier meds) and beginning grower. Just running a bare minimum one plant grow to learn by doing, maybe I'll even get some halfway decent buds out of it. I'm already a fruit/veg gardener so I'm hoping it translates haha. I actually feel a little bad because I'm running some nice genetics that are gonna be wasted by my noobishness

Smoked my first bowl 8 years ago, was on and off for a few years until college in WA. I found a strain that kicked my insomnia's ass without the side effects of sleep meds (Purple Urkel Btw). I was in WA the year legalization went through, so I started doing a lot of research into strain genetics and medical properties. I've got a background in history and archeology, so the origins of certain strains and history of landraces straight up fascinates me.Since then, I've been deep into learning about breeding and basically taught myself the high school bio I never bothered to learn. Hoping to learn more from ya'll and eventually get into hands on breeding down the road. I know I'll be collecting genetics reeeeeal soon

Anyway, if anyone has any info on good afghan-ish landraces (not the common ones) that are worth the time and money to hunt down, let me know. Also very interested in any high CBD strains (2%+) that still have a higher level of THC.

Thanks for the time
- Dek
Welcome. Your gardening skills will translate just fine happy growing!

D

Dek

Welcome. Your gardening skills will translate just fine happy growing!
Thanks my man, already made it a whole two weeks without killing the thing. So far so good on that I

Gotta say, the training and growth of the plant reminds me a lot of my golden raspberry bushes for some reason I can't put my finger on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom