Long veg - earlier flower finish?

• Thread starter Solarscar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Solarscar

Solarscar

I was curious on waiting to flip to flower when your plant had vegged and showing big pistils on several nodes up and down all branches. Does flipping a super mature (10 + week veg) speed up the flowering finish time? Versus flipping before pistils or when you see just a couple pistils

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I was curious on waiting to flip to flower when your plant had vegged and showing big pistils on several nodes up and down all branches. Does flipping a super mature (10 + week veg) speed up the flowering finish time? Versus flipping before pistils or when you see just a couple pistils
I'm sure it makes a difference from the stage where there are no pistils, by a week or more.

When I run clones, they always finish in less time than the original plant from seed, so there may also be a difference between long vegged plants and plants without much veg time.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah a mature plant just actually starts flowering quicker after transition to 12/12 than a young plant does. The actual length of flower time from buset is likely about the same, but the mature plant gets to budset quicker.

Solarscar

Solarscar

Yeah a mature plant just actually starts flowering quicker after transition to 12/12 than a young plant does. The actual length of flower time from buset is likely about the same, but the mature plant gets to budset quicker.
Good info. I have been counting from flip. My plants started flowering in about 4 days

Solarscar

Solarscar

Could someone that vegged out a female photo plant where there were giant pistils at the nodes potential gain a week in advance so flowering may run 9 full weeks versus 10? My plants always seem a week past what I see on YouTube videos of the same week.

Solarscar

Solarscar

Yeah that's very quick. Clone flip speed really.
There were giant pistil all over all nodes from the top to bottom. It was busting at the seams to begin flowering, once I flipped I noticed in a few short days. My plants where on the 17th/18th nodes as well (main maristem)

Latest posts

Top Bottom