Longevity of harvested flower in mason jars?

• Thread starter Thumbuddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thumbuddy

Thumbuddy

Burping last year's crop and Found several bottles with a few spots of mold. Of course those are going on the bonfire today. Others are all good still but is there a moisture pack I can use to ensure levels stay down. Feel bad because it's my last 2 Oz's of gelato and a few Oz's of gg4 which I can spare. Still hate tossing good weed but not taking a chance on my lungs

Moshmen

Moshmen

Burping last year's crop and Found several bottles with a few spots of mold. Of course those are going on the bonfire today. Others are all good still but is there a moisture pack I can use to ensure levels stay down. Feel bad because it's my last 2 Oz's of gelato and a few Oz's of gg4 which I can spare. Still hate tossing good weed but not taking a chance on my lungs
Hate to use them personally but boveda makes a great humidity up/down pack

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Once you have cured your harvest in jars or bags, then store it in the freezer. It will last up to 3 years in the freezer, but be aware, potency slowly goes down the longer you store it. The freezer slows that waaaaay down.

chuck88

chuck88

If you had mold your rh was too high when you jarred.

You can burp all you want but if you are not actually measuring the rh, well, you saw what happens, sigh...

I prefer to cure/dry in totes until they reach 58%, then vacuum seal in mason jars. Just opened one that was a year and half old and it was as fresh as the day it was put away !

Cheers

beluga

beluga

I prefer to cure/dry in totes until they reach 58%, then vacuum seal in mason jars. Just opened one that was a year and half old and it was as fresh as the day it was put away !

Cheers
I second all of this.

G

geemonty

You can burp all you want but if you are not actually measuring the rh, well, you saw what happens, sigh...

Cheers
I got the 62% packs for the indoor plant I just harvested need more for my big outdoor harvest. Should I go with the 58's?

chuck88

chuck88

I got the 62% packs for the indoor plant I just harvested need more for my big outdoor harvest. Should I go with the 58's?
Personal preference, I like 58% to grind for bong and joints...

Cheers

Thumbuddy

Thumbuddy

Cheers
Well,these two jars were heavier buds of gelato and tops from GG4.
My assumption was they held a bit more moisture and I just neglected to do a better dry on them. I've inspected all other jars and they're good.
Going to use the 58 packs in remainder of them and in this yrs crops. Also purchased humidity meters for totes til ready to jar.
I think I packed those jars a bit too much also. Probably didn't help situation.

Top Bottom