Look for Same signs for cbd weed ?

• Thread starter Panhead59
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Panhead59

Panhead59

New grower here. Growing ac/dc for wifes chronic pain. It's supposed to be approx. 18 % cbd, 1 % thc. If you look for milky trics for optimum thc, for harvest, what do you look for for best cbd amount ? Same signs ? I mean ripe is ripe, correct ?

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
New grower here. Growing ac/dc for wifes chronic pain. It's supposed to be approx. 18 % cbd, 1 % thc. If you look for milky trics for optimum thc, for harvest, what do you look for for best cbd amount ? Same signs ? I mean ripe is ripe, correct ?
Actual pics of the plant in question would be helpful.

that said, your looking for milky white and amber... The more amber you get your cbd will be good, but it will also have much more sedating couch locking effects, so be careful in how much you ripen. It's a personal choice.

Panhead59

Panhead59

Actual pics of the plant in question would be helpful.

that said, your looking for milky white and amber... The more amber you get your cbd will be good, but it will also have much more sedating couch locking effects, so be careful in how much you ripen. It's a personal choice.
Tks

Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

I was interested in it too. I bought some seeds from G.C. although they said they were photos they turned out to be auto's.
I grew 3 plants they look like normal weed in flower. However smoking them I found some seemed to do nothing, and some got me really stoned. So I'm going to defer to others on what the experience is suppose to be. It's very possible I received poor seeds or some other varietys.

Panhead59

Panhead59

My seeds came from same co. 1 acopulco gold didn't germinate, 2 ac/dc turned out to be autos which were supposed to be photos, 1 white widow seems normal. I'm in week 7 of flower. Ac/dc autos have been a struggle, w. Widow handles my mistakes without missing a beat. 1st time grower so I've learned a ton but I doubt I'll buy from growers choice again.

Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

My seeds came from same co. 1 acopulco gold didn't germinate, 2 ac/dc turned out to be autos which were supposed to be photos, 1 white widow seems normal. I'm in week 7 of flower. Ac/dc autos have been a struggle, w. Widow handles my mistakes without missing a beat. 1st time grower so I've learned a ton but I doubt I'll buy from growers choice again.
Was it one or two of my Acapulco Gold turned out to be autos I can't remember now..9 pound hammer again 1 auto one photo completely disappointing too. I'm not wowed with anything from them, I also ordered a set of Panama Reds for the following grow from them, I should have waited to see how the first tuned out . I have no confidence with that company and my email to them was pretty much ignored with a canned response. I bought some seeds from Seedsman but haven't grown them yet. Hoping they are much better.

Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

Is it possible to get too ripe? If so, what would that look like ? Dried out buds maybe ? ?
get yourself something to look through, Amazon has some pretty good digital microscopes for about $50. It has a screen like a smart phone.maybe 4 inch. You can carry it right to the bud and look at them.take pics if you like. I had a small optical one but I could not hold it still enough to view unless it was on the table.
Some thing I read about CDB's was saying to let it mature well, don't pick it early. Maybe someone here with a lot of CDB experience can comment on that.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Welcome to the, Get screwed by GC club boys. Our membership seems to be growing rapidly! I went on trust pilot and let them know What I thought of them!

Panhead59

Panhead59

I bought a 100x handheld microscope but i don't think it's strong enough. What "power" does one need to see these tiny trics ?

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Sorry Panhead, but if you can’t see them with 100 X there aren’t any.

Panhead59

Panhead59

I can see em, they are just small. Guess it's just early. I did mess up and didn't water often enough about 2 weeks ago. I'm a truck driver and wasn't home. All leaves on one plant died. Other 2 plants rebounded. Smell is coming back now
So i think it/they were sucking up moisture from buds. 7 weeks into flower. Think I should harvest the one with no leaves ? Plant has many buds that are still green and moist.

Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

Maybe we just bought some hemp seeds 😄 I forgot how many you have but they may all be different so you might get some good weed from one of them, it just may not be CBD.

Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

I can see em, they are just small. Guess it's just early. I did mess up and didn't water often enough about 2 weeks ago. I'm a truck driver and wasn't home. All leaves on one plant died. Other 2 plants rebounded. Smell is coming back now
So i think it/they were sucking up moisture from buds. 7 weeks into flower. Think I should harvest the one with no leaves ? Plant has many buds that are still green and moist.
look for that stalk with a big head on it. Best to wait until a lot of amber colored heads shows up. The dead plant will make a test smoke if you dry it out some. Ive had some that never really develpoed right, The stalks were head less like small hairs, that could have been a hemp plant?

Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

If you are away for that long you will need to find a way to water. Maybe those AutoPots, No pumps or anything involved. I would love to hear some reports from people here that use them. It looks almost like the Holy Grail to me, I'm thinking there must be some problems?

Panhead59

Panhead59

Naw. I'm just gone every other day. I was just seeing if 1 more drying out day would be too much. Guess i got my answer !!!!

AmokNewb

AmokNewb

I’m with you all on the GC seeds not being anywhere near stellar. I have two Kush XL autos growing both treated exactly the same since seed. They are both auto fed at the same time, same environment etc. one stayed nice and short as advertised and started flower at 5 weeks. The other is 3 times taller (can’t tell with my LST and scrog) but it is way bigger and has not gone into full flower mode yet at 7 weeks. I also will not be doing my next run with them as I have some seeds man and other breeder seeds I will try first. @Panhed59 lets see the plants, I’m curious. :)

Top Bottom