Look Like Calmag Def To Anyone?

• Thread starter Brativa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Brativa

Brativa

This is one of the more bad off leaves but I wanna see what others think. I may have locked out calcium by keeping my ph around 5.5 in promix I keep seeing it should be accessible around 6.2 so that is what I have changed my water to. Any input is appreciated and also taken with a grain of salt. thanks guys!

Look like calmag def to anyone
Brativa

Brativa

How close was this plant to the light? It seems most deficiencies go away when you move your lights to a reasonable distance- sometimes the root system can't supply what's needed when pushing plants hard with intense light/co2. That said 5.5 is really low for peat, 6.2 sounds much better imo
On the very outside of my tent light no more than 18in above central canopy. 600 watt hps.

Brativa

Brativa

What he said. 5.5 is way too low for peat I think your first instincts were right being that low your plant is unable to absorb sufficient calcium hence the rust spots. Calcium being immobile must be laid down at the time of formation- those leaves won't recover but you can stop new bad leaves from forming. Different strains seem to express deficiencies slightly different we had an old skool critical mass that rarely didn't show rust spots but yet the ogs right next to em looked mint same conditions. If they in big pots wait til they dry out and piss em through w weak base nute (1.0ec) w a lil extra cal( especially if new growth seems too pale) ph6.2-6.4 and see what comes out. Peat is acidic by nature so it's usually good to run it at 6.0+. You can get localized cal def rust spots from having lights too close as well 18" from a 600 might not b ideal but I've had my 1ks that close without issue provided I set my ac a lil cooler. Ipm means integrated pest management but from ur pic those look like rust spots not bug damage but I'm looking on my phone maybe I'm wrong. Do you have bugs?
Absolutely everything you said makes sense and deffinitly puts me at ease. I'm running damn near a different strain in every pot and it is like you said with one looking fine and the other showing def like crazy. Theyre in five gallon so I'll wait til dry a bit more and give that a wirl. No bugs what so ever btw that I have seen anyway.

hermit186

hermit186

Any strain that has White in it's history needs C at greater rates. The higher the % of White in the Hybrid the more C it needs. Your media will adjust for some but not high enough for a White strain. When ph of 5.5 your not getting enough C you need to be up ph 6.0 to 6.2.
Next Read Seamaden's posts about Cal-mag.
I wound not flush only as last resort.
A foliar spray with Cal no mag will help as a right now but not heavily.

Brativa

Brativa

So far I haven't gone through with a total flush partly due to laziness lol. I work at a greenhouse through the week and sometimes have to force myself to tend to my girls. Though i have adjusted my ph the last two waterings. The first i did just calmag and water throughout the whole tent. On the second i resumed normal feed schedule it seems to have stopped getting any worse on all plants affected.

Brativa

Brativa

Ok so I did say the progression seems to have stopped but i have a new issue. I set my waters ph to 6.2 and I did not check my run off last night. Well when I got home today I did check it for shits and gigs I'm mortified to find it is 5.1 a day after watering. If i flush at 6.2 will it correct run off ph?

Brativa

Brativa

That's really low! Make sure your meter is reading right/ calibrated. I like to use a meter then I'll try to confirm the reading w ph paper. But either way it probably is too low. How old is the promix? If it was reused from a previous grow its good to add some lime to buffer the acidity of the peat- about a cup per bail of dolopril lime. If the soil was new it should b pre buffered but sometimes the bails come wet which activates the lime raising the ph of the bail which causes decomposition of the peat which eventually lowers the ph again (at least that's my understanding, I could b wrong tho) so that's why it's good to re add lime if reusing plus your plants use up the lime(calmag ) So anyway if used soil top dress w a little lime(1cup per bail I think u said u were in 5's so maybe a couple tblsp per pot roughly) if new soil and the plants don't seem dire let them dry a little more and water them through w a weak base nute solution (1.0ec) and full strength cal mag (200-250ppm) at around ph6.4 run them thru til it comes out right. If u put ur plant in a saucer u can put a shop vac nozzle in the saucer turn it on and starting pissing them thru if u don't have a drain near by. Hope that helps
The bale i used was either 5 or 6 months old from when i bought it. The plant that's the worst off is around 5 weeks in flower and only has thumb sized buds on it and overall just seems weakened so i know its severely far along to salvage much from it but i will definitely try the lime in that one pot to see if it will help and i will use it in my arsenal for further grows thank you! Btw shop vac idea great because your right I'm in saucers with no drain near.

Brativa

Brativa

O
Off of that chart which ive looked at like 5 different charts through google search looked a hell of alot like calcium defficiency and had some mag def as well. Im pretty sure it was due to ph being far too low so ive got more knowledge in my arsenal for my next run. The strain affected was black jack from sweet seeds it yielded ridiculously low compared to the other 8 run with it. Live and learn...

Brativa

Brativa

Side note im switching to coco what is an ideal ph for coir? Ive been running it around 6--6.2 through veg. Getting ready to flip everything and everything is looking a ok as of now. Would just like some outside input thanks!

BuDGooDE

BuDGooDE

O

Off of that chart which ive looked at like 5 different charts through google search looked a hell of alot like calcium defficiency and had some mag def as well. Im pretty sure it was due to ph being far too low so ive got more knowledge in my arsenal for my next run. The strain affected was black jack from sweet seeds it yielded ridiculously low compared to the other 8 run with it. Live and learn...
Small circles under the back side of leaf, looks like insect damage is definite C-

Latest posts

Top Bottom