Look What I found in my Plant!!!

• Thread starter jcas004
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Those bastards.

One of the products using essential oils as an insecticide/repellent might help repel them. I tried Ed Rosenthal's mixture recently, and if I were an insect, I believe I would find it repellent. But wasps are hard to convince.

Maybe you should hire some murder hornets to deal with them. These look like mere involuntary manslaughter hornets.

socks4free

socks4free

You guys should be leaving the wasps alone, I have a wasps nest right next to my plants. They are beneficial to your garden, they eat the bad insects.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

These are just paper wasps. Not super aggressive but their sting hurts like a mofo. They're also pollinators, so very useful to have around outside.

I'd honestly let them build as well. If you're around enough without threatening them they'll get used to your presence and you can just trim the buds around the nest when it's time. If you really don't want them on your cannabis plants, then move the built nests to somewhere they can keep building safely.

I used to have them on an old front porch. When they'd get stuck in my rain water collection containers I'd scoop them out and give them a place to dry off. Usually they'd just sit on my hands or on a finger and groom themselves to get the water off, then fly away after a few minutes. Honestly it's kinda cute.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I wouldn't let them build a nest on my plants, destroy it and let them build a nest somewhere else. They will still remain close by so you get the benefits of them eating insects without the possibility that you have wasp larvae inside your buds.

socks4free

socks4free

Kanzeon is right about being pollinators but if you don't have any males anywhere near by it shouldn't be an issue. They definitely get used to your presence I stand right in front of their nest all the time and have never had any issues they generally only get aggressive when provoked.

IMG 20210810 113614
socks4free

socks4free

I wouldn't let them build a nest on my plants, destroy it and let them build a nest somewhere else. They will still remain close by so you get the benefits of them eating insects without the possibility that you have wasp larvae inside your buds.
There is no need to be worried about wasp larvae in your buds, I don't think you understand how wasps lay their eggs. The female lays the eggs inside of their nest in the pods they are making.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

There is no need to be worried about wasp larvae in your buds, I don't think you understand how wasps lay their eggs. The female lays the eggs inside of their nest in the pods they are making.

Yes, I do. Wasps are very diverse, there are over 2 dozen different types of wasps and hornets and they have different types of nests and lay their eggs in numerous ways. They build nests on and in all types of things. IMO medicine shouldn't have wasp nests and larvae all over it or inside it.

socks4free

socks4free

Yes, I do. Wasps are very diverse, there are over 2 dozen different types of wasps and hornets and they have different types of nests and lay their eggs in numerous ways. They build nests on and in all types of things. IMO medicine shouldn't have wasp nests and larvae all over it or inside it.
Wasps are beneficial to your garden I'd rather have wasps on my plants than chemicals

Top Bottom