Looking a little on the small side

• Thread starter BlackDahlia
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BlackDahlia

BlackDahlia

Hey guys,

So I've tried a few new methods and products this go around, maybe im crazy. But I've never had seedlings grow this slow before, maybe they're not as small as im thinking?

Ive got 2 autos and 2 regular photos, all sprouted within the same 12 hour period. They are at day 16

Trying the double cup method for the first time (roots look fantastic) using coast of maine seedling mix for the first time (i normally drop them right into something hot with no issues) spraying with a suuper light mixture of recharge every 3 days, but spraying lightly every day (ph at 6.4). Ive got roots all over the bottom of the cup but no circling, maybe they could use a transplant but i think its early. Temps got cold a few times, one of them being last night but nothing extreme. On average its between 70 and 80 in there. Humidity is usually at 40-45% plenty of air flow, plenty of light 600w mh at around 16 inches.

Could it be that the starter mix isnt enough? They've got a healthy color to them and seemed to be growing quicker till a few days ago. Yes i know i underfilled the cups, not used to soil being that fluffy.

Looking a little on the small side
Looking a little on the small side 2
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Not seeing any deficiency symptoms, I think you should also pay more attention to temperature. There is a huge difference between 70 and 80, as it relates to plant growth. 73 is rather low.

BlackDahlia

BlackDahlia

Yeah, that soil packs down quite a bit, not used to that, id fill in but they're already so low. Which is good i guess at least they're not stretching. My purple marmalade is doing incredible but shes much bigger. Ive never been able to get any of my grows RH up higher than 40 or 50 and have always grown great stuff. Ill try to get it higher, ive also always kept my rooms in the mid 70s but we're in the middle of crazy weather so its difficult.

BlackDahlia

BlackDahlia

Ill post some root pics later. Im thinking im just gonna go ahead and transplant when i get home. That will take care of the low soil issue, and also keep them from another stunt due to becoming rootbound or getting hungry. The amount of roots tells me they're ready, but the size of the plants says otherwise. Wouldn't hurt.

quirk

quirk

Ill post some root pics later. Im thinking im just gonna go ahead and transplant when i get home. That will take care of the low soil issue, and also keep them from another stunt due to becoming rootbound or getting hungry. The amount of roots tells me they're ready, but the size of the plants says otherwise. Wouldn't hurt.
Up the ratio of perlite in your mix. Less compaction, increases air pockets for roots to uptake oxygen and better drainage.
Those are a bit behind the power curve but hopefully will catch up after you transplant

BlackDahlia

BlackDahlia

Well. They reaaaaally liked the transplant. Complete opposite of shock, and they were perked right back up 12 hours later. I spent hours preparing the pots and my soil mix to make sure it was done the best and gentlest i could. Used Big foot Gold, Great White, Mykos mixed in soil, fish sh!t, recharge, epsom salt, and molasses, then ph'd to 6.5! This is in stonington platinum/ocean forest

20220315 044928
20220315 044926
20220314 192616

Latest posts

Top Bottom