Looking And Listening, First Grow...

• Thread starter dcgolfer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dcgolfer

dcgolfer

Hi All,
So for Christmas wife gave me the thumbs up on my kinda of "Man Cave" or in this case hopefully a "Ladies lounge". I custom built my space since I have been medicating for 26 years, I look forward to growing here forever. I am looking for any advice along the way but have read so much I felt comfortable it was time to make a run. I tapped out the budget for now but making notes for next time. Fab pots and better medium so far.

What I finished with is 3x5x6 space but lost some floor area due to unforeseen steps, actual floor 3x4. 2000W light I put in last night which really perked them up but raised temp 10-12 degrees to 85, opening door helps to get it down to 81 but humidity drops to 45-50. Installing draw fan in ceiling tomorrow so hopefully, that will balance back out. I have door cracked and put in gallon with a pump to get bubbles going for now. Adding pretty simple drainage/reservoir to get the pots up in the air a little too. Not too many questions now but I am sure there will be some along the way. I have been reading around here almost every day since I cracked the drywall and it has been a huge help. I think I have found everything needed so far in the forums. I am excited to grow and share what I hope will be a good first of many harvests.

Only thing I feel uneasy about right now is the lighting. I intended on lesser wattage but ordered the wrong one. The manufacturer assured me it wouldn't burn anything if I utilized the height of the room "properly" and would get better grow. Light does not have a power adjustment so I have it hung to where my light meter reads 500ish at plants and 1000 and up from canopy screen to the lights "2000" range. They are on a pulley system so I can adjust as needed. I was scared to burn and in the combo, with being hotter now I have been spraying pretty regularly. I have an angled box fan suspended on another pulley to tilt as needed. Great air flow, they are wiggling good. Here are a few before and after. I will get baby pics up too lol. Any thoughts or feedback on my set up and especially lighting would be awesome. Thank you in advance...
Beforejpg
After 2jpg
2k lampjpg

dcgolfer

dcgolfer

This is the late "Berta" she helped convinced the wife to let me go for it when I started this, in one of her houseplants last spring as a joke. Water, Window, and some good Rasta Music is all she got...
Berta THC

Reactions: Ina
dcgolfer

dcgolfer

This is the late "Berta" she helped convinced the wife to let me go for it when I started this, in one of her houseplants last spring as a joke. Water, Window, and some good Rasta Music is all she got...
View attachment 851237
Sammie is the little one behind her to the right. She is now in the corner of the new room getting bent over...

dcgolfer

dcgolfer

Sammie is the little one behind her to the right. She is now in the corner of the new room getting bent over...

Quick update. Trying LST for the first time and in the combo, with pinch and bend she is really filling in! This started in front of a window last November. Room was completed 12/22. Before and after pics...
12 27 Sammie
01 15 LST 1
01 15 LST 3

Reactions: Ina
dcgolfer

dcgolfer

Happy to report added humidifier and blackout curtain to leave the door open and the conditions have balanced out perfectly, and yes I do name them all girls for good luck...lol
01 15 ROOM UPDATE
01 15 THERMO

Blackhouse

Blackhouse

Hey y’all I hate to chime in here. I’m new here and I did the introduce me thing but I can’t for the life of me figure out how to post a new thread..I would like to do a grow journal..thank you for any help..and again i apologize

dcgolfer

dcgolfer

Hey y’all I hate to chime in here. I’m new here and I did the introduce me thing but I can’t for the life of me figure out how to post a new thread..I would like to do a grow journal..thank you for any help..and again i apologize

Click on forums, then "grow diaries" on the left. Top right click "new thread" that where I found it...Have a wonderful day!

SinCity

SinCity

Click on forums, then "grow diaries" on the left. Top right click "new thread" that where I found it...Have a wonderful day!

thanks for the info--i'm finally going to take the plunge and start a grow diary. vanity be damned. i'm starting over in many ways...i'd be even more of a damn fool than i already am not to take the opportunity to ask for feedback and advice from anyone nice enough to offer it. i may be dumb, but i ain't stupid. usually. :)
11000618 449050118584241 1794029529626467356 n

dcgolfer

dcgolfer

thanks for the info--i'm finally going to take the plunge and start a grow diary. vanity be damned. i'm starting over in many ways...i'd be even more of a damn fool than i already am not to take the opportunity to ask for feedback and advice from anyone nice enough to offer it. i may be dumb, but i ain't stupid. usually. :)View attachment 856124

I joined here a couple months before hatching in Dec when I did this build out, actually while prepping room. I have to say it has been very informative. This is my first grow is moving along well so far from what I can see, I am at 47 days from sprouting. Fingers crossed...
2 5

Top Bottom