looking at a top feed rdwc system

• Thread starter DieselDuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DieselDuds

DieselDuds

Thanks brother. A couple things I noticed while drilling my holes is that there was a bur left over. I had to trim that off . I'm a safer than sorry type of guy so I even sealed the grommet with silicone on the outside. I noticed that the bucket does fill up faster and doubling up sounds like a good idea

biker22

biker22

Ive built a couple DIY projects in my time. lol doubling up is the only way id run 1" because roots get crazy if you nail it right. Which Sounds like you got a good grip So youll do fine. What type of silicone did you use on the outside of the bucket? I tried that once and used the wrong stuff and had a toxicity problem with that build. Me id rather a tight enough fit I don't use glues or sealants. If you didnt debur the hole you would never get a solid seal. Always good to debur for a nice smooth sealing surface. When I was still building my systems I would try and get the smallest hole I could with still being able to get the fitting thru. most of the time I had to use soap But that when I had the best of luck with no leaks.

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

I used a bathroom silicone that drys in 3 hours. Not that nasty nasty smelling vinegar silicone. This stuff was less lethal to the nose and I only silicones the outsides no insides

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what to use for a veg room. I have a veg room if you seen my grows. But for a hydro setup I donno what to do. I veg for a month and a half too 2 months. What kind of setup can I put a Clone in veg for that long

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

I bought these but don't think it will work smoothly as I'd like. I think I'm going to return them and make a 10 bucket 3 gallon veg site? Anyone have any better ideas for me?

biker22

biker22

Yeah DD When I had my problem with glues and silicone I Only put it on the outside also but even being on the outside it can leach into your water if you did have a small leak of some kind. If water can come out and your blocking it with silicone. Imo that's the same thing as putting it on the inside Its just not sitting in the water directly but the toxics can still break down and leach into it. A lot of guys get away with it and it seems to work well for them. Hopfully someone will chime in and say if that silicone is toxic or not. IDK And as to your veg setup you probably wont have to veg your ladys for a month and a half two months in hydro? How many gallon buckets are you using? Im guessing 5 gallon bucket? Your going to have a lot of roots if you go that long in veg. Also if it were me id build another bucket setup to veg in or Or just move the whole bucket system from the veg room to the flower room. Id think with the rock well and trays you would have a mess of roots to untangle and break in the process. Id want them to be separated. What type of baskets are you planning on running? Also IMO If im going to be running a rdwc or rswc I like to veg in a similar system So the roots get use to what there env is going to be like. In a rswc I run more water then I norm would just to help the roots but a lot of guys Don't think it matters. A healthy veg'ed plant will take off either way.

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

Ok so I watched some videos and I'm going to get a 75 gallon 3'x3' deep water tray. Cut out my 10 6" holes and put my net pots in there. Wait hydro is that much faster growing ? I don't need 2 months of veg? Lol I'll as well put in 3 air stones in the tray to add super air bubbles lol

biker22

biker22

Yeah DD when things are moving like they should in hydro you have a lot faster growth rate. Id probably say if you go 2months with that strain in soil it'll be ready to rock in about a month. IMO as to your 75gallon deep water trays I wish you luck. I know nothing about those trays besides yes airstones are a good choice. lol:cigar: Hope it work out good for you bro

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

I may have mixed up some numbers lol. 25 galln Dwc tray thingamabobber lol.

Top Bottom