looking at buying or building 16 site uc system

• Thread starter nuten
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nuten

nuten

Any help setting up my room.
10x12 with 32 plant count
Do I get 2 systems one for veg and one for flower?
I like the sound of the 13 gallon pail systems.
Bigger trees lol
What about lighting I was thinking about 4x1k lights one 10" filter and fan combo for output and another 10" fan for air from outside.
Can someone help me figure out a system

Thanks in advance

Nute

Solar Deity

Solar Deity

I'm in about your same situation and just went through this. Have 12' x 16' with 7 foot ceilings. Went with 2x UC8XL's because of height restrictions. 32 seems like a lot of plants for 10x12? This is my first run but from my research, they are trees. I bought two systems instead of the double barrel to run different strains. I've learned this really isn't an issue as the concentrations are so low, any strain can be run along side another. I wanted some room also between the two rows for maintenance. All my previous rooms were cramped and it's nice to have some space to prune and maintain. I went with 4k lighting and our room is sealed/closed. 6" cool tubes with hoods/reflectors in a closed loop to maintain CO2 levels. We have spared no expense building the room. We have 3 layers of environmental controller protection. At lights on, the closed loop cool tubes come on at 72. It's low, but this is to stay ahead of the lamps once they are fully heated up. Next layer of cooling begins at 82. We have four blower fans in the corners that will mix the cooler air from the floor. This works well for the first 6 hours of lights on. Ambient outdoor temps right now are 20 degrees so mother nature is helping keep cool easily. After the room heat soaks, the last 6 hours only (usually), layer three kicks on at 84 degrees. A 6" Vortex puls outside air through a UV scrubber and in to a Can66 for intake. To maintain negative pressure in the sealed room, our exhaust is an 8" Vortex on a Speedster which vents up the to the highest part of the roof. We lucked out with that as it was there already. They turn on at the same time and the speedsters allow us to fine tune the cycles. The CAP Gen2 turns off when the room reaches layer three at 84 so we don't waste CO2/gas. Two humidifiers for veg and early flower to get the humidity up. Our outdoor RH is only 10-15% this time of year. 100 pint de-huey plumbed to a floor drain for mid to late flower. The entire room is run on (6x) 20 amp circuits. In hindsight, I should have run a 240V 30 amp circuit for the 4 lights, and a couple 20 amp circuits for the peripherals. Each UC8XL has a 1/10 HP chiller and a 55 gal top off res, along with a Danner AP 60 air pump all outside the 12x16 flower room. I'm about to start a thread and post pics on the setup for our first run.

SD

ri420patient

ri420patient

Any help setting up my room.
10x12 with 32 plant count
Do I get 2 systems one for veg and one for flower?
I like the sound of the 13 gallon pail systems.
Bigger trees lol
What about lighting I was thinking about 4x1k lights one 10" filter and fan combo for output and another 10" fan for air from outside.
Can someone help me figure out a system

Thanks in advance

Nute
have you checked there measurements on there site gonna need some room to get around in there

Amber

Amber

I'm in about your same situation and just went through this. Have 12' x 16' with 7 foot ceilings. Went with 2x UC8XL's because of height restrictions. 32 seems like a lot of plants for 10x12? This is my first run but from my research, they are trees. I bought two systems instead of the double barrel to run different strains. I've learned this really isn't an issue as the concentrations are so low, any strain can be run along side another. I wanted some room also between the two rows for maintenance. All my previous rooms were cramped and it's nice to have some space to prune and maintain. I went with 4k lighting and our room is sealed/closed. 6" cool tubes with hoods/reflectors in a closed loop to maintain CO2 levels. We have spared no expense building the room. We have 3 layers of environmental controller protection. At lights on, the closed loop cool tubes come on at 72. It's low, but this is to stay ahead of the lamps once they are fully heated up. Next layer of cooling begins at 82. We have four blower fans in the corners that will mix the cooler air from the floor. This works well for the first 6 hours of lights on. Ambient outdoor temps right now are 20 degrees so mother nature is helping keep cool easily. After the room heat soaks, the last 6 hours only (usually), layer three kicks on at 84 degrees. A 6" Vortex puls outside air through a UV scrubber and in to a Can66 for intake. To maintain negative pressure in the sealed room, our exhaust is an 8" Vortex on a Speedster which vents up the to the highest part of the roof. We lucked out with that as it was there already. They turn on at the same time and the speedsters allow us to fine tune the cycles. The CAP Gen2 turns off when the room reaches layer three at 84 so we don't waste CO2/gas. Two humidifiers for veg and early flower to get the humidity up. Our outdoor RH is only 10-15% this time of year. 100 pint de-huey plumbed to a floor drain for mid to late flower. The entire room is run on (6x) 20 amp circuits. In hindsight, I should have run a 240V 30 amp circuit for the 4 lights, and a couple 20 amp circuits for the peripherals. Each UC8XL has a 1/10 HP chiller and a 55 gal top off res, along with a Danner AP 60 air pump all outside the 12x16 flower room. I'm about to start a thread and post pics on the setup for our first run.

SD
I wish I would have went with the 2 systems rather the double barrel:arghh: .

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
10' x 12' is only goin to support a 8 site 13 gallon setup, not room for any more than that

Top Bottom