Looking for a budget microscope

• Thread starter Dtraderbudz23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dtraderbudz23

I keep hearing people refer to USB microscopes. I have a small jeweler ring I think it's like maybe 30-40x. I can't really see the trichomes very clearly with it. I know that's an important step for knowing when to chop. Anybody have a good rec for budget friendly microscope just for this purpose?

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

I have one of these and it's great. Uses an app to take photos and see what the microscope sees. Hard to hold steady so I use a microphone stand with a boom arm to hold it steady while I get everything in focus and zoom in or out. Then just snap the photo and it saves it to your phone.

I took the photo in my Farm profile with that unit and there are many others in my posts. I was nominated, and made the finals last month for POTM with a photo I took with this as well.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I have one of these and it's great. Uses an app to take photos and see what the microscope sees. Hard to hold steady so I use a microphone stand with a boom arm to hold it steady while I get everything in focus and zoom in or out. Then just snap the photo and it saves it to your phone.

I took the photo in my Farm profile with that unit and there are many others in my posts. I was nominated, and made the finals last month for POTM with a photo I took with this as well.

Love it! Great for taking close up photos. Does it have the same capabilities like a camera does like zoom and lens adjustment?

BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines

Limited-time deal: LCD Digital Microscope,ANNLOV 4.3 ... https://a.co/d/estDUfZ

$55.00 on Amazon. It’s badass. Can be handheld too, off the mount.
C8D5F3FB 8ACF 43AD A3A5 0C4E41E397CF

Last edited:
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Belomo 12x or 15x loupe is perfect, buy from belomo website, it’s a real jewellers loupe at a cheap price..
amazon is all junk..

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Love it! Great for taking close up photos. Does it have the same capabilities like a camera does like zoom and lens adjustment?
There are like 5 fixed zoom push button settings and a focus wheel. Takes a bit of practice because the unit needs a fine tuning focus knob that it does not have, but works well
after you get the hang of it, especially using the mic stand. It comes with a small stand that you can use on a desk or table but I did not want to cut off a piece of bud everytime I wanted to check trichs. Got the idea from someone here at the Farm and works great.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
There are like 5 fixed zoom push button settings and a focus wheel. Takes a bit of practice because the unit needs a fine tuning focus knob that it does not have, but works well
after you get the hang of it, especially using the mic stand. It comes with a small stand that you can use on a desk or table but I did not want to cut off a piece of bud everytime I wanted to check trichs. Got the idea from someone here at the Farm and works great.
geezus that’s a lot of work to just look at the heads..

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

geezus that’s a lot of work to just look at the heads..
May be a lot of work, but I have tried two different loupes and I cannot hold them steady enough to see well. This works great for me. Taking cool photos is just a side benefit to me being able to see my flowers close up, but it also helped me when I was learning by being able to share the photos here.

Last edited:
D

Dtraderbudz23

Belomo 12x or 15x loupe is perfect, buy from belomo website, it’s a real jewellers loupe at a cheap price..
amazon is all junk..
100% Agree Amazon has turned into selling just complete dog shit. 80% of the stuff on there website is now scams

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I keep hearing people refer to USB microscopes. I have a small jeweler ring I think it's like maybe 30-40x. I can't really see the trichomes very clearly with it. I know that's an important step for knowing when to chop. Anybody have a good rec for budget friendly microscope just for this purpose?
The USB digital microscopes work great but its not the microscope that is the problem. Its the cheap stand it comes with. They offered a free steel stand much sturdier and easier to use if we posted a review on AMZ...I posted good camera crap stand...2-3 weeks later the stand came in.

azstew

azstew

If you don't need to photograph the bud, this one is $15 and really nice. It reverses the image like old style magnifies, but image quality is great. They have a more expensive one, but it doesn't have near as good ratings as this one.
Search Amazon for

Carson MicroBrite Plus 60x-120x Power LED Lighted Pocket Microscope​

Sorry I couldn't post a url.
Carson MicroBrite Plus 60x-120x Power LED Lighted Pocket Microscope https://a.co/d/jeW59mO

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
This is just what I was lookin for thanks! Somethin hand held and cheap lol
No man no they suck I have one and they're cheap for a reason too small field, frustrating as hell.....the hand held $10 loupe's are better the USB scopes you can take pics and focus on your computer screen /lap top/ to view what you are looking at. You just need a better stand than they come with..a tripod or something to stabilize better than the cheap faux metal they come with . This is the stand I have without the monitor & lights

And these are the stands that suck
I've bought 5 different magnifying devices this one works the best once I got the stand for it.

azstew

azstew

No man no they suck I have one and they're cheap for a reason too small field, frustrating as hell.....the hand held $10 loupe's are better the USB scopes you can take pics and focus on your computer screen /lap top/ to view what you are looking at. You just need a better stand than they come with..a tripod or something to stabilize better than the cheap faux metal they come with . This is the stand I have without the monitor & lights

View attachment 1269234
And these are the stands that suckView attachment 1269235I've bought 5 different magnifying devices this one works the best once I got the stand for it
I respectfully disagree with you. It does take a bit of learning to get used to it, but I really like mine.
I do agree that the USBs need a much better support, ie tripod. I just pinch off a tiny bit of a leaf the size of a paper match head and place it on a flat surface to view. By your own admission, you had to buy 5 devices and a good support before you got one you liked. Just my humble opinion.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I respectfully disagree with you. It does take a bit of learning to get used to it, but I really like mine.
I do agree that the USBs need a much better support, ie tripod. I just pinch off a tiny bit of a leaf the size of a paper match head and place it on a flat surface to view. By your own admission, you had to buy 5 devices and a good support before you got one you liked. Just my humble opinion.
I didn't have to I just kept upgrading..the small mini microscope was a down grade from the loop. I also have a large led lit 30x magnifier I can use around my plants.
The tiny match head is not a very good representation of a buds ripeness.

On the plant I find the cheap loupe works best, at my desk with a bud the usb scope on a stand with a large field on screen to focus view and capture....no comparison and its or was relatively inexpensive @ $35 approx delivered

R

ritoMox

This cheap little 60x is AWESOME! Link: 60X Microscope

60xScope

Top Bottom