Looking for a Fogger/Atomizer instead of spraying

• Thread starter treebark1950
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
treebark1950

treebark1950

Whats up fellow farmers?

I have some rooms that are just too big for me to get in there and spray the giant trees down with neem, and especially when I do foliar sprays. Well the rooms aren't that big but the plants take up like 90% of the floor space, I have to crawl in between them to water and such and I don't feel as if I am getting every part of the plant...I run Trees, some are 1 plant per light...

Any who, I have seen a few farmers with foggers in there rooms. I bought a Mosquito Propane fogger from Home Depot but it doesn't work like I want it to, as its a handheld, and its a royal pain to get it to light.

I'd like to be able to put a solution in the fogger and put it on a timer and let it fog the room to get the best penetration to kill critters and to make sure every part of my trees get the solution.

What am I looking for, I don't know what they are called?

Also does it have to be an oil based product for the fogger to work?

I like to spray with Teas, Kelp, and Humic/Fulvic acids. Will these work in the fogger?

I'll be receiving some of CAP's Foilar packs and this would make my life much easier if I could dilute to the correct solution and then put said solution in the fogger, turn it on and bam room has perfect coverage. Am I dreaming?

I'm a little perplexed to what I'm looking for.

Thanks!

N

nvthis

Back in the day, when I was in the industry, we called these microgens..

http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/bg-ultra-lite-fogger-ulv-m2400-p-377.html

This is probably bigger than you need..

They could be used for any fogger type application and proper chemical in pest control (in our case it was Cardinal123 Pyrithrin and an oil 'sticker'). We used them in grain silos, and they are friggin' beasts. You will need seriously good PPE to use this... The Cardinal would make my lips and tongue go numb without the correct respirator..

treebark1950

treebark1950

That looks to be exactly what I'm looking for.

In the Q&A Section it actually has a thing about the fogger not being compatible with Spidermite prevention

From the website:

Q
Is there anything I can use in this that will kill spider mites on plants in a greenhouse?
A
At this time we do not have any products that can be used in a fogger for spider mites in a greenhouse. We do carry Talstar P which is labeled for use in greenhouses to eliminate spider mites but it can not be used in a fogger. Talstar P must be applied using a hand pump sprayer. If you have a specific product in mind that you have not found on our site please let us know and we will see if we can get it for you.

But I guess my main question is can I use a these like you posted with my Foilar Sprays with my nute mix?

Or even CAP's foilar pack diluted?

But will the water droplet size be to big to work effectively?

Cheers

N

nvthis

Here's the big secret... It's purely a matter of labeling.. If it is not labeled for use in a fogger, then they cannot say to use it... To understand how this works is, in Cali for instance, in order to have a product relabeled is millions of dollars.. If selling to indoor growers (NOT weed growers) will not cover that and build profit, then it's just not worth it..

But to say you cannot physically put a chemical in a fogger, that's it is not labeled for, is another discussion entirely.. For us regular Joes, the only way to find out if it works is through trial... There are some simple rules that do need to be considered here though... One is wether or not you have an applicators license. If you do, and are caught doing such things, you could end up paying huge fines or possibly doing jail time... If not, then off to the next concern... What will you damage? Will the chemical dissipate shortly and to a class of being inert? Or are you creating a very dangerous situation for yourself or others? If this can be answered as 'no', then move to the next... Can this chemical work effectively as a fog?

My guess is most of us do not have an applicators license, and the chemical WILL be effective as a fog, so the question comes down to what kind of danger does it pose? That should be your only concern at this point..

Oh, and if you use a fogger, DON'T use a clay base chem, lol.. Make sure it is liquid base ;)

treebark1950

treebark1950

Here's the big secret... It's purely a matter of labeling.. If it is not labeled for use in a fogger, then they cannot say to use it... To understand how this works is, in Cali for instance, in order to have a product relabeled is millions of dollars.. If selling to indoor growers (NOT weed growers) will not cover that and build profit, then it's just not worth it..

But to say you cannot physically put a chemical in a fogger, that's it is not labeled for, is another discussion entirely.. For us regular Joes, the only way to find out if it works is through trial... There are some simple rules that do need to be considered here though... One is wether or not you have an applicators license. If you do, and are caught doing such things, you could end up paying huge fines or possibly doing jail time... If not, then off to the next concern... What will you damage? Will the chemical dissipate shortly and to a class of being inert? Or are you creating a very dangerous situation for yourself or others? If this can be answered as 'no', then move to the next... Can this chemical work effectively as a fog?

My guess is most of us do not have an applicators license, and the chemical WILL be effective as a fog, so the question comes down to what kind of danger does it pose? That should be your only concern at this point..

Oh, and if you use a fogger, DON'T use a clay base chem, lol.. Make sure it is liquid base ;)

That's exactly what I needed to know. Thank you SOOOOOO Much!

I'm mainly just wanting to use it for my ACT Teas and Organic Sprays I use so often, just looking better coverage.

I stay away from the nasty chems. I run all GOD's A1 Nutes. And now CAP's packs.

Cheers!

I love the Farm!!!

N

nvthis

Ah, good luck man. That I cannot help you with... I have heard that panyhose is too fine to allow fungi and beneficials to pass.. I've heard that, I don't necessarily believe it ;)

The only person I have actually seen use atomizers to feed plants tea foliarly was Obsoul33t, but that was for outdoors. If you have ever seen his OD gardens, then you have got to think there is something to it all.. You might try to pm him or something and ask him about it ;)

treebark1950

treebark1950

I'm going to order one tomorrow and I'll start playing with it.

I'm curious to see how all the equipment in the room reacts, adjust a wings, bulbs, co2 monitor, co2 gen, and carbon scrubbers all react to being totally saturated with a fine mist with neem in it...or would you suggest cutting off the scrubbers while fogging?

Thanks again bro for your help

N

nvthis

3 things I would do, for reals...

1. Make sure you take your bulbs out! If oil from your fingers can make one fail, then this is a no brainer.

2. Turn your exhaust system off.. I am not sure what you are running but I imagine your exhaust system will clear your entire room in less than a minute (guessing...). If that is the case then it negates what you are doing. Once it has been in there a while (maybe let it go 30-60 minutes?), then kick in the exhaust to empty the room. Just remember, even though the room air has been replaced, everything (and I mean EVERYTHING.. The cool thing about foggers is there is no place the chemical can't go..) will have chemical on it, and may need to be cleaned.

3. Have very good PPE handy.. Wear gloves, long sleeve shirt, long pants, socks, good shoes, a hat, safety goggles and a respirator. You do this because you don't know. Because you just don't know...

Good luck bro. Sounds like fun in my book... Probably beats the hell out of spraying for mites.. Just remember one thing... The reason companies fog with str8 pyrethrin is once pyrethrin dries, it becomes inert. This makes it semi-safe... Do, at least, remember that.

treebark1950

treebark1950

1. Excellent idea. When I used to run sulfur I was paranoid and I always put plastic bags over the bulbs after they were cool and I would bag the Co2 sensor as well. I'll do the same this time around.

2. Both Rooms are all sealed environments, A/C and Co2 so no Exhaust just the Can 125's recirculating air in the rooms. 14x14, 14x24.

3. I have a friend in the Medical Supply Industry and he got me a suit they use in hospitals for ultra bad infectious disease. It covers me head to toe, and has a respirator built into the head mask thing haha. I feel like an astronaut wearing it haha.

Now that makes total sense as to why they use it as a fog, gotcha!

Your da man!!!

N

nvthis

Hehe, here's another secret bro... And the one reason I have had interest in this thread in the first place... Bifenazate (Floramite) becomes inert once allowed to dry ;) So does Spinosad, if I am not mistaken....

treebark1950

treebark1950

Floramite may be the ticket as a preventive if you can fog it, talk about total coverage! Or even Eagle 20 for PM!

I'm normally against chems but talk about nukeing em to kill all unwanted critters once and for all!!

You got my wheels a spinning!!:sun:sun

treebark1950

treebark1950

It works wonderful. I got mites from infected clones and used the fogger in veg and I also used mighty wase twice in flower and it totally worked. I also fog with some of A1 Tea and Caps Foilar Pack (I strain the foilar pack).

Great investment IMO.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

It works wonderful. I got mites from infected clones and used the fogger in veg and I also used mighty wase twice in flower and it totally worked. I also fog with some of A1 Tea and Caps Foilar Pack (I strain the foilar pack).

Great investment IMO.
Excellent, thx. I came to the same conclusion and ordered one. Cant believe i missed them this long, just never noticed the jr version. Apparently the size is 15-40 adjustable. Are you feeling confident about microbes arriving on the leaves undamaged?

treebark1950

treebark1950

I have no actual evidence either way that it hurts them. I was foliaring to prevent some possible mites and what could have been PM but I'll never know because after using the fogger both completely disappeared! If it does hurt them after fogging every few days enough must survive! I'm a fan.

And they are great for clean up after a run. They get the entire room.

treebark1950

treebark1950

And I bought the bigger of the two foggers posted here. I actually found one on CL for $200, a few days after posting here!

But I don't use it as often anymore, as I'm bug free, I now just foliar with my pump sprayer as its easier and quieter, I'm not looking for total coverage.

The fogger sounds like a jet Engine, like a 10" max fan just running wide open without any ducting.

But they def work and it was a great investment for sure.

T

TuffGuns

I also was thinking of trying this for mites. My thoughts are the heat from the propane would harm the spinosad or any other product and the mixing strength would be a guess n check. I do have a thought about checking to see if its making it out and not burning up from the foggers heat spray some into a cup or something to catch the vapor gather enough to do a ppm test see how far off it is from the mix you put in this mite work ?.? (any feed back from that idea would be appreciated) and the Ph mite also change that is not good for foliar feedings

P

Ptone

Just for the record I use a
H. D. Hudson Mfg Co 99598 Fog Atomizer

It fucking kicks ass. It has a hose extension and it definitely helps with with getting every square inch of plant space wet. I use it to foliar my plants with Insecticidal Soap, Neem, Green Cleaner, Green Cure. It's really the only thing I can attribute to getting rid of Spider Mites. You can also load it up with Pyrethrin and Fog an entire room to sterilize it. Definitely recommend this to everyone

Latest posts

Top Bottom