Looking for a good organic soil mix

• Thread starter edlkll
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

edlkll

Looking for a good organic soil mix, Been growing a while just using
soil a little bit of manure and compost. Anyone have any thoughts on
a good all organic mix? Someones answers will be apprecated.
Thanks edlkll

C

crossouttheiis

25 bags black gold potting soil (1.5cf ea)

4 bags stutzman farms chicken manure (1 cf ea)

1 bag perlite (4 cf ea)

1 bag (50 lbs) bonemeal (steamed, not precipitated)

1/2 bag gypsum (20lbs)

mix this and let it sit for two weeks. I used this with my organic outdoor mix a couple years ago and worked amazing. There are a bunch of other things you can add in like alfala meal, etc etc.

mike hunt

mike hunt

Premium Member
Supporter
50% peat moss
25% EWC or compost
25% PBH rice hulls

That is a good base to start from!

H

Hash Hound

I have been using Promix Organic from the hydro store mixed with MagikMoss from a local garden center. 3/1 ratio. The Promix is loaded with some nice ingredients and the MagikMoss is a very light mix. The bag is light as a pillow. It has been working great with OC+ as my base nutes.

The current grow is the same soil mix, but with FoxFarm Tomato and Dr Earth Bud and Bloom, minerals, teas, etc. The plants are as healthy looking as the OC+ ones are. Hoping for a little better taste and smell with the organics.

My next soil try will be Dr Earth Pot of Gold. Loads of good stuff in there. I just found it at a hardware across town. They also make a MJ specific soil called POTting soil. I doubt the hardware will carry that, but it looks about the same ingredients as the Pot of Gold

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

If ur anywhere near SoCal try A1 Nutrients super soil u can bet some at Avalon (AWC) in Long Beach

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

As MakinGoo said... A1Nutrients is top notch. They sterilize their soil.

bstilwell1988

bstilwell1988

I need to find a cheaper soil to buy. I moved several states away from my housemate cali and the normal.size foxfarm bags of soil are $30 plus tax. I use to pay 10 a bag in cali. Help!

CINDARELLA99

CINDARELLA99

the roots organics people will not fail you i get that stuff shipped in and its crackin costs me alot and i have to reuse it but thats the shippin pippin

I know the shipping costs a buttload, maybe Get the Amazon Prime? You pay no shipping on your orders. Amazon sells Roots ORganics.I had gotten some Roots Organics for my grow and this stuff is Great! Well, Istarted my first grow in miracle grow and my second one in Roots OPrganic and It's a HUGE diiference, I wish I would have gotten it sooner.

Top Bottom