Looking for a little help noob alert

• Thread starter Dabfarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dabfarmer

Dabfarmer

hey i have these two plants both are purple kush and identical in age. Im wondering why the one is so small and not really growing they are just under a month old from seed to present. Thanks for any help.

Looking for a little help noob alert
Looking for a little help noob alert 2
Looking for a little help noob alert 3
BigCube

BigCube

Could be many things, first I would suspect genetics. Inconsistent genetics are somewhat common when people dont take the generations to stabilize their strains. Could also be environmental, but I think that's less likely since they've been side by side the entire time.

More info on the seeds? Could just be a weak one off seed...

THCMonster

THCMonster

Yea like @BigCube said, i would chalk it up to genetics.

Since you used all the same stuff on both then its most likely genetics!

Think of it like someone having 10 kids, every kids gonna look different, act different and grow differently. Except twins obviously, but twins for plant seeds are pretty rare. Better just hope both of these are female! Cause it they weren't femenized seeds then it would suck to spend all that time just to grow a beautiful looking MALE!

Good luck to you man.

Dabfarmer

Dabfarmer

Could be many things, first I would suspect genetics. Inconsistent genetics are somewhat common when people dont take the generations to stabilize their strains. Could also be environmental, but I think that's less likely since they've been side by side the entire time.

They are basically bag seed

Dabfarmer

Dabfarmer

Yea like @BigCube said, i would chalk it up to genetics.

Since you used all the same stuff on both then its most likely genetics!

Think of it like someone having 10 kids, every kids gonna look different, act different and grow differently. Except twins obviously, but twins for plant seeds are pretty rare. Better just hope both of these are female! Cause it they weren't femenized seeds then it would suck to spend all that time just to grow a beautiful looking MALE!

Good luck to you man.
I hear yah theres definately a chance of them being males as i pulled the seeds from budds

dire wolf

dire wolf

"☝️

THCMonster

THCMonster

They are basically bag seed

Then i would recommend that when your plant gets a little bit bigger take a cutting from it, try to root it out, and sex it by putting into a flower stage. Its a little bit more work but it will save you alot of time. Because if you spend another month or two vegging just to put it into flower then you realize its a male you will have to start all over again, but if you root out a cutting you can put the clone into flower cycle asap to see if its a male! You will save yourself alot of time, $$$ and hassle doing that

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

putting aside unknown genetics, main suspects are environmental factors.

i can see clayballs, but also see soil-like growing medium, mixed with coarse perlite. is it coco grow? more info!

i guess its poor root development.

going back to genetics and sex, just let it grow, then pre-flowering phase will reveal all this. if it then shows female, then keep growing that plant.

Dabfarmer

Dabfarmer

e
Then i would recommend that when your plant gets a little bit bigger take a cutting from it, try to root it out, and sex it by putting into a flower stage. Its a little bit more work but it will save you alot of time. Because if you spend another month or two vegging just to put it into flower then you realize its a male you will have to start all over again, but if you root out a cutting you can put the clone into flower cycle asap to see if its a male! You will save yourself alot of time, $$$ and hassle doing that
i will
Ok great ill take into full consideration in a week or two thanks this is a good tip as i was thinkin about puttuing the nicer one into a 5g pot but now ill wait.

Top Bottom