Looking For A Little Help With This Deficiency

• Thread starter OhpeKush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

OhpeKush

We're at about day 40~ I've been adding about 7ML per gallon of bloom nutes per feeding (usually every 2 or 3 days) I add about 1-2ML of cal-mag every time. Temps fluctuate around 76-80 during the day and at night time 68~ Im growing 2 and I feed them both with the same exact water, I basically do 1.5 gallons per 2 plants. The other plant is doing great, this ones just alot bigger so i'm assuming alot hungrier?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Snfwfcajpg
Kanjwjujpg
Arxbx8kjpg
KneeDeep34

KneeDeep34

What week of flower are you in? And is that an auto? If i had to take a shot in the dark (at a glance) i would say its lock out caused by PH fluctuations. Looks like an abundance of nitrogen right off the bat but depending on what week of flower your in it might not be a big deal. Like if your in or past week 6 (looks like around week 4) the yellowing is normal... I would flush and let the soil dry out a bit and slowly reintroduce nutrients. Might lose a bit of growth but it should recover... Rhats my two cents at a glance without knowing anything specific.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

give it some humic and fulvic,that will straighten out the small issue,it just a slight case,dont flush soil you cant,you make mud and then you really run into problems,something else to look at in a case of one or other feeding more,is making sure your feed not just running threw pot,i put coffe filter in bottom of my pots to stop this problem,make the water stay in the pot and soak your soil,works great,i would almost bet when you harvest that plant,your gonna find a massive root ball and very little soil and all the outer roots will be toast,i had one that was healthy as all get out,beutiful plant,great yeild,great smoke,but as i mentioned above when i emptied the pot,i couldnt even belive it was alive,i had to feed that bitch daily in a 5 gal bucket,lmao

KneeDeep34

KneeDeep34

give it some humic and fulvic,that will straighten out the small issue,it just a slight case,dont flush soil you cant,you make mud and then you really run into problems,something else to look at in a case of one or other feeding more,is making sure your feed not just running threw pot,i put coffe filter in bottom of my pots to stop this problem,make the water stay in the pot and soak your soil,works great,i would almost bet when you harvest that plant,your gonna find a massive root ball and very little soil and all the outer roots will be toast,i had one that was healthy as all get out,beutiful plant,great yeild,great smoke,but as i mentioned above when i emptied the pot,i couldnt even belive it was alive,i had to feed that bitch daily in a 5 gal bucket,lmao
My friend, if you have ever flushed a pot before and had mud result, you had terrible soil brother. I also want to say that if you put filters in the bottom of your pot, it seems to me that a build up of nutes would result. Not to mention coffee filters are paper and ment to decompose and or mold. I only see that hurting your plants. Then again, you seemed pretty baked on that post man lol maybe i misunderstood but if i didnt misunderstand its bad advice IMO brother.

scubascrog

scubascrog

honestly looks like an old leaf doing what old leafs do, check to make sure your ph is in range , if more leaves start yellowing then bump up the feed. i dont see a single burn tip on any of your leaves

scubascrog

scubascrog

just a little N hungry is all lol, but dont overdo it. overdoing N right now would screw you in taste.

O

OhpeKush

honestly looks like an old leaf doing what old leafs do, check to make sure your ph is in range , if more leaves start yellowing then bump up the feed. i dont see a single burn tip on any of your leaves

Well the thing that worried me is it seemed like it was spreading towards the top. Some of the higher leaves have a little discoloration that almost makes them look like they have dirt on them.
I gave them both straight water 2 nights ago just to maybe give the soil a reset.

I think my problem stems from PH. I try to get it to 6.5 every feeding but sometimes I think the PH changes once the waters get added together. (I fill up a 1/2 gallon jug and dump that into a bigger gallon watering pot because it hard to mix the nutrients without a lid)
I'm gonna go a little heavier on the cal mag and maybe go 8ML of nutrients this watering.

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

When you are starting a grow allways use clay pellets or growstones for drainage, this is imperative never use coffee filters this will trap nutrients and burn your plant, good drainage is a must!

scubascrog

scubascrog

Might be a deficiency caused by ph and not a lack of nutrients.
do you gas out your water for 24 hours before using it? RO?

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

It could be a Cal mag deficiency, but to me it looks like a burn.

O

OhpeKush

Is it an autoflower? Looks to me you burned her, to much nutrients maybe.

Yeah it's an auto. I thought nutrient burn would be more in the tips and on new growth.? Not saying you're wrong, I've just read conflicting things.

scubascrog

scubascrog

tips have no burn, not a burn. your other growth is dark green. so Im thinking ph.

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

No after looking close scubascrog is probably right looks like a burn but your other leaves are good so I would prune it off check ph, keep an eye on her if more leaves start to look like that I would add a bit of cal mag.

scubascrog

scubascrog

calcium a little bit maybe ya but the mag I think would be just in between the stems like Mag deficiencies usually are. Nitrogen is mobile and gets taken off old growth like this, but since the plant is in soil and the other leaves are so green. I can tell you that the plant has nitrogen available in the soil and PH is the short term factor that is pulling it out of the lower growth and moving up so abruptly, unless he just started dropping N for some reason it would be ph.

scubascrog

scubascrog

I think my problem stems from PH. I try to get it to 6.5 every feeding but sometimes I think the PH changes once the waters get added together. (I fill up a 1/2 gallon jug and dump that into a bigger gallon watering pot because it hard to mix the nutrients without a lid)
I'm gonna go a little heavier on the cal mag and maybe go 8ML of nutrients this watering.

uh You arent PHing after everything is mixed???

O

OhpeKush

No after looking close scubascrog is probably right looks like a burn but your other leaves are good so I would prune it off check ph, keep an eye on her if more leaves start to look like that I would add a bit of cal mag.

Awesome, this is what I was hoping to hear. Obviously tough to tell from a few pictures but I feel better. Hopefully the flush the other night helped.

Flushing with airpots is a breeze.

O

OhpeKush

uh You arent PHing after everything is mixed???

I do check the PH once I dump them both into the gallon but it's never the same as the average of both, that's what weirds me out.
Last time I PHd both to 6.5 and after I mixed them together it was reading 5.5 so it's a safe assumption that a few of my earlier waterings the PH was off.

I've been keeping a much closer eye on my mixed PH after I realized it changed to much.

The plant was just so healthy up until last weekend so i figured PH was always set once I mixed.

Totally shame on me, but I'm still learning.

Appreciate you guys.

Latest posts

Top Bottom