PH 6.0
Day Temp: 82 fahrenheit / 28 celcius
Night Temp: 75 fahrenheit / 24 celcius
Number of Main Colas: 24
Total Veg Time: 10 weeks
12/12 Flip on June 19th
Currently Day 40 flower

Question 1: How is she looking?
Question 2: Can anyone with experience with growing Sativa strains provide a guesstimate regarding time-till-harvest

Open to any feedback and suggestions.

Thank you all! Happy growing!!

Looking for a sativa captain
Looking for a sativa captain 2
Looking for a sativa captain 3
Looking for a sativa captain 4
Looking for a sativa captain 5
Looking for a sativa captain 6
Looking for a sativa captain 7
Looking for a sativa captain 8
Looking for a sativa captain 9
Looking for a sativa captain 10
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Didn't I just answer this?

You have a long way to go. Sativa's can take 12 weeks or more, depending on strain and lighting effects. I have found that adding a good bit of blue light, along with HPS, tends to shorten their finishing date, but other than the typical yellowing of the bottom fan leaves, there aren't many concrete signs. The color change in the fan leaves is my main sign, but too much or too little nitrogen can cause that to be unreliable sometimes. The buds keep getting longer on Sativa's, and when they are finished fully, they get fatter and "greasy" feeling, as well as they start to grow single lobed leaves at the tips of the colas/larger buds... sometimes growing a little nipple at the end of the bud. To me, Sativas were like trees in the fall. The leaves change color and many or most fall off when the buds are pretty much ready. Look for color changes in the buds too. some may turn purplish depending on the strain and growing temps.
I would estimate that your plants should be finished fully in late September, but this is only an estimate, since a bunch of factors can influence the finish. I've been growing Sativas for 30 years or so, and they are a little different than Indica's. Keep up the good work! FWIW, if you wanted, a small 50 watt LED full spectrum light would probably help out your entire grow. HPS alone for flowering is great, but I recently read some research indicating that blue light can increase THC levels. I initially thought it was BS, but the science and research seemed pretty solid. I added a 10K MH this season and the plants finished considerably faster than in previous grows using the same strain and methods. Hope this helps... drop a line if you need more advice... I wouldn't call it help, yet! :)

Top Bottom