Looking for a solid 1:1 strain

• Thread starter Kopper1013
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kopper1013

Hey y’all I’d like to grow some “Pennywise” next but it seems the only seeds available that I’ve found are feminized (which I don’t have a problem with) so I’m not sure if they’re true to the strain?
GrowersChoice and WeedSeedExpress (which I’ve never heard of) seem to be the only ones carrying feminized seeds and I haven’t heard anyone say they really love dealing with GrowersChoice.
Is it worth trying one of these companies or just wait till TGA Subcool starts producing again?

Id like to grow a solid 1:1 indica so I still got a nice relaxing full bodied high for sleep issues while having the benefits of CBD to help with physical ailments. Maybe y’all have experience with an alternative that I might try?

K

Kopper1013

Probably should re-name this thread

“Looking for recommendations on a solid 1:1 strain” ?

mjab702

mjab702

I've always had good luck with Grower's Choice seeds. If you pay with money order you get 3 free seeds and they have a 100% germination guarantee...that they actually honor. I've been eyeing those critical mass medical seeds

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

Growing and smoking 1:1 strain from various breeder for a years and half.
I came across a few unstable strain, if i should recommend a breeder for 1:1 it would be "sweet seeds"

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

For me, I have had the best of luck separating the THC from the CBD/CBG in my strains, then taking the medicine together that way, rather than trying to find a single strain that has everything I am looking for.

Over the summer I grew a CBD strain in my greenhouse called Cherry Tonic Web CBD by Purple Caper which is supposed to be a 2:1 CBD/THC strain. I tested the flower and it came in almost 13% CBD....good luck finding those numbers in a THC rich strain. Also keep in mind that numbers given by breeders are best case scenarios under perfect growing conditions, perfect harvest etc. The Cherry Tonic Webs is also supposed to have a lot of THC but because I had to harvest early, it only had trace amounts less than .4% but the CBD numbers were very good, which is what I was going for. I recently made oil from this plant and the medicinal value of this strain is off the charts. After months of struggling to sleep well during my illness, I am now sleeping like a baby.

Good luck with your grows and finding strains that are helpful!

K

Kopper1013

For me, I have had the best of luck separating the THC from the CBD/CBG in my strains, then taking the medicine together that way, rather than trying to find a single strain that has everything I am looking for.

Over the summer I grew a CBD strain in my greenhouse called Cherry Tonic Web CBD by Purple Caper which is supposed to be a 2:1 CBD/THC strain. I tested the flower and it came in almost 13% CBD....good luck finding those numbers in a THC rich strain. Also keep in mind that numbers given by breeders are best case scenarios under perfect growing conditions, perfect harvest etc. The Cherry Tonic Webs is also supposed to have a lot of THC but because I had to harvest early, it only had trace amounts less than .4% but the CBD numbers were very good, which is what I was going for. I recently made oil from this plant and the medicinal value of this strain is off the charts. After months of struggling to sleep well during my illness, I am now sleeping like a baby.

Good luck with your grows and finding strains that are helpful!
Dumb question but, here goes

So when you say split them up then take them together I assume you mean grow a THC strain and a CBD strain then take some of each and smoke at the same session?

Thanks guys for your reply’s

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Hey y’all I’d like to grow some “Pennywise” next but it seems the only seeds available that I’ve found are feminized (which I don’t have a problem with) so I’m not sure if they’re true to the strain?
GrowersChoice and WeedSeedExpress (which I’ve never heard of) seem to be the only ones carrying feminized seeds and I haven’t heard anyone say they really love dealing with GrowersChoice.
Is it worth trying one of these companies or just wait till TGA Subcool starts producing again?

Id like to grow a solid 1:1 indica so I still got a nice relaxing full bodied high for sleep issues while having the benefits of CBD to help with physical ailments. Maybe y’all have experience with an alternative that I might try?
I never had a problem with growers choice, only had 3 orders with them but all where in time, germ rate was more about 70% though, one autoflower didn’t autoflower, she’s running solo in a tent right now actually) but they delivered even during the start of flu

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

So when you say split them up then take them together I assume you mean grow a THC strain and a CBD strain then take some of each and smoke at the same session?
Not a dumb question, just a bad explanation by me!

Yea, sorry I wasn't more clear, but yes, that exactly. I make oil out of my flower but the idea is still the same. Grow THC alongside CBD specific strains, then combine the medicine however you administer it, if you are smoking it, try mixing some of each in the same bowl.

Top Bottom