Looking for advice before flip

• Thread starter Shrekk419
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
2Bad

2Bad

I meant lollipopping. Yeah I didn't see a def but if you think so I just thought it was hard to catch a def with synthetic.

edit: I don't time my lollipops but when I feel like there's branches wasting energy they got to go

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Na mane you keep us on top of our game! We need that here
haha geezus.. think it’s the other way around haha..
well in the video it looks like there is purple leaf tips?? if so,. could be strain, could be temp, or start of potassium deficiency as those plants are right in that zone for high “p”..
A91C5775 E43B 476E 885E D560C2F21811

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
why prune so early?
you could end up with a deficiency and those leaves you prune are a source of food when needed?..
looks like a p deficiency might be happening?..
When do you prune them off? Week 1?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
When do you prune them off? Week 1?
who me?
i never prune, maybe a clean up of few lower branches and stuff low and close to main stalk..
if anything and it really only worked on one plant this grow is the amount of nitrogen in the feeding i was giving was perfect as the one plant would have 3-4 lower fan leaves yellow slowly every 3-4 days throughout the flowering and still doing it,
she pruned herself! haha..
though i’m stuck in making a decision about my next couple feedings, part of me wants to keep going as is and just lower the amount and the other part of me says just feed them 1-4-5.. till finish which will cause some fast yellowing..🤷‍♂️

Shrekk419

Shrekk419

How's your airflow and humidity?
Airflow is decent I have a can fan pulling air out of the tent from the top above the light have one of the flaps open near the bottom on the other side for fresh air . Temp is mid 80's rh ranges from 35-50%. Lung room stays lower 70s rh around 40% .

Shrekk419

Shrekk419

Airflow is decent I have a can fan pulling air out of the tent from the top above the light have one of the flaps open near the bottom on the other side for fresh air . Temp is mid 80's rh ranges from 35-50%. Lung room stays lower 70s rh around 40% .
Forgot to mention I also have an oscillating fan on the floor , a Vornado tower fan in the corner blowing around the walls and 2 6in hurricanes above blowing air around the driver of the scorpion

Shrekk419

Shrekk419

why prune so early?
you could end up with a deficiency and those leaves you prune are a source of food when needed?..
looks like a p deficiency might be happening?..
I did one plant to see if there's a difference I guess, I pruned that lower stuff out the day of flip on that one . Didn't have time to do any more and these plants are super bushy. I guess I want to end up with fat tasty buds and haven't trimmed them besides a few fan leaves covering bud sites since you guys recommend I wait until day 20- 21 which is next weekend ....and it's been killing me lmao 🤣 . You say a deficiency? Some of the lower leaves on one of the plants in the back is showing some yellowing in like patches ....wish I would have snapped a pic of them for you guys.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I did one plant to see if there's a difference I guess, I pruned that lower stuff out the day of flip on that one . Didn't have time to do any more and these plants are super bushy. I guess I want to end up with fat tasty buds and haven't trimmed them besides a few fan leaves covering bud sites since you guys recommend I wait until day 20- 21 which is next weekend ....and it's been killing me lmao 🤣 . You say a deficiency? Some of the lower leaves on one of the plants in the back is showing some yellowing in like patches ....wish I would have snapped a pic of them for you guys.
your fine but ya post the pics when you can.. no rush no worries..

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

How i think about pruning… this is the basics as i do things a bit different but this is a good starting place and i always keep these considerations in mind. It should help you understand how much and which leaves to prune.

Mothman

Mothman

How i think about pruning… this is the basics as i do things a bit different but this is a good starting place and i always keep these considerations in mind. It should help you understand how much and which leaves to prune.

Thanks man! Hey, do you have one on understanding what EC readings (and the trends) mean?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks man! Hey, do you have one on understanding what EC readings (and the trends) mean?
Nope but i can do one maybe this weekend. It would probably help some folks to understand EC and the different uses and factors involved. Especially the differences between organic nutrients, organically derived and synthetic nutrients EC readings and what they mea.As well as EC makeup when adding certain supplements like humic/fulvic acids or silicon etc. The effects of media on EC and what runnoff number’s mean and when/how they are used or disregarded

Mothman

Mothman

Nope but i can do one maybe this weekend. It would probably help some folks to understand EC and the different uses and factors involved. Especially the differences between organic nutrients, organically derived and synthetic nutrients EC readings and what they mea.As well as EC makeup when adding certain supplements like humic/fulvic acids or silicon etc. The effects of media on EC and what runnoff number’s mean and when/how they are used or disregarded
Well I can think of one person who would devour that info! I don’t know why it’s so complicated to me, but it is. Thanks, Aqua.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@GNick55 You truly believe buds don't get bigger when you re-direct energy?
It does but not from defoliation imo. The number of growing tips and bud sites which can be manipulated by pruning does…. But the yields hardly change.

What does change by selective pruning is you can eliminate the popcorn and larf thus more usable/saleable bud.

But imo defoliation without selective bud site pruning does nearly nothing to increase yield or manipulate bud size.

2Bad

2Bad

It does but not from defoliation imo. The number of growing tips and bud sites which can be manipulated by pruning does…. But the yields hardly change.

What does change by selective pruning is you can eliminate the popcorn and larf thus more usable/saleable bud.

But imo defoliation without selective bud site pruning does nearly nothing to increase yield or manipulate bud size.
Right I meant lollipopping . You'd say that does right?

Top Bottom