Looking for anyone with experience growing Train-wreck

• Thread starter AnselAdams
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Hello fellow Farmers;

I am looking to make contact with some experienced growers of Train-wreck, both auto and non-auto. I have 7 Hydro plants "in progress" and would like to pick the brains of some other folks as a the grow progresses. I have one successful grow completed and the second was a bomb. The third looks to be more promising.

Thanks in advance. My current grow log is in the signature of this post.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Ran the E32 cut a bunch. Lots of support. Trainwreck grows like a vine. Resin has almost a silver look to it. Might look strange from other plants but thats just what it looks like. It's super recessive in crosses. Hard to find an E32 pheno in crosses. Looked a ton but never found one like the clone structure wise. The smell tho comes throught in them.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Ran the E32 cut a bunch. Lots of support. Trainwreck grows like a vine. Resin has almost a silver look to it. Might look strange from other plants but thats just what it looks like. It's super recessive in crosses. Hard to find an E32 pheno in crosses. Looked a ton but never found one like the clone structure wise. The smell tho comes throught in them.

Thank You.

"The smell tho comes throught in them. . . " Ain't that a fact! just the two 6 in plants in the large cabinet give you a snoot full every time I open the doors. Hints of things to come. :party1:

Question: Should i set the scrog net at 12, 16 or 18 inches. I have about 51 inches from the top of the res to the lights.

Thanks in advance. 🍻

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Thank You.

"The smell tho comes throught in them. . . " Ain't that a fact! just the two 6 in plants in the large cabinet give you a snoot full every time I open the doors. Hints of things to come. :party1:

Question: Should i set the scrog net at 12, 16 or 18 inches. I have about 51 inches from the top of the res to the lights.

Thanks in advance. 🍻

Most of the time growing wreck I normally use 3-4 screens. Wreck was one of those plants, like GG4, that doesnt support itself so basically screen it up to the top however many that would take.

the rrock

the rrock

Yeah what those guys said,the branches needede support more than any plant ive grown, was well worth the extra work though

norcalgro530

norcalgro530

I agree. I've only grown 2 train wreck and they were stretchers. spindly stems but none the less it was awesome smoke

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Thanks to all who have responded and those who will.

My research shows that the expected height is about 120cm (approx 48in). if that is accurate it sounds like the scrog net should be most effective at about 12-16 inches. That would allow 2ft of weaving and still leave almost 3ft to the lights.

Rdub

Rdub

I don’t know if it helps at all anymore and I’m by no means an expert but I just Scrogged 4 photo period train wrecks to fill out a 5x5 tent. Vegged those ladies for a good while. My Scrog net was set at 16 inches above pot tops. I kept a training until week 3 of flower. The biggest flowers still reached easily a foot above the screen and needed more support. A double trellis is probably a good idea

mapula

mapula

hello greetings I just got my train wreck seeds and I want to ask you for any tips on the strain ?

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
hello greetings I just got my train wreck seeds and I want to ask you for any tips on the strain ?

It is totally awesome! Hope you have plenty of height AND scrog netting.. The yield was most excellent as well.

I found it easy to grow except it is a big plant so don't do more than two in a 2x4x6 enclosure.

You can check out my current thread as it is the only thing I have been growing for the last year. I just started some Auto Candy Cane two weeks ago.

Happy Farming 🍻 🥂

Top Bottom