Looking For Ballpark Numbers On Amount Of Usable Trim Per Pound Of Bud Dried.

• Thread starter muir
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
muir

muir

looking for ballpark numbers on amount of usable trim per pound of bud dried. Trying to figure how much of my licensed square footage to devote towards extraction.

Blaze

Blaze

Impossible to give an exact answer, it is extremely dependent on the strain and on your trim style as well as how much of the little micro crap you trim or toss. In my experience anywhere from 20%-50%, with the average being around 30% at least with the strains we do and the manner in which we process it though. The only way you are going to get an accurate, useable number is to do a test run with your own product.

jimmy the hat

jimmy the hat

This is very strain dependent don't you think? Also depends on what you consider trim.....small larfy buds? Your growing style comes into play a bit then....an example on my last harvest off 5.5lbs of Mendocino purple kush(Obama) I had 660 grams to process....off of a larfy J1 plant I had 4.5oz of flower and 137 grams to process.... off 9.5 oz of a berner cut cookies I had 115g

muir

muir

only looking for ballpark numbers. How about a maximum you could expect? I have limited space in a new licensed facility and am trying to figure the value to the company. I have other things I can do with that square footage.

3G Labs

3G Labs

You might have space, but with the new extraction laws I'm sure the cost of making the space "Legally compliant" would have to be accounted for.

muir

muir

this is just for a ice water scenario, onsite. No solvents. Just trying to value add to the crop.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
looking for ballpark numbers on amount of usable trim per pound of bud dried. Trying to figure how much of my licensed square footage to devote towards extraction.
I just keep my usable trim all together, my average is about 35%-40% of the total weight is going into the trim. I'm getting about 50%, roughly, of total weight in usable buds, so by my calculations, and because I keep my plants fairly whole until trimming, I figure the remainder would be the stalks and fan leaves. I grow primarily Sativa-dominant strains, so I probably lose more to trim than those who might be growing Afghani-dominant strains.

Latest posts

Top Bottom