looking for best strain for insomnia..

• Thread starter bongtime
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TreFarmer

Katsu Bubba past 55 days, Pre-98 Bubba @ 60+, Hash/Skunk @ 56-60 days, GDP (never ran myself but always works!) My P98 Bubba/Snow had a few phenos that keep knocking me out! I just did a Bx on the Bubba/Snow, I'm hoping it continues down this line!

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I got to agree that GDP taken at the right time is one of the best strains for insomnia

O

organickat

Manic hooked me up with heri indica that really knocked me out every time after 5mins your fighting your eye lids and really locked you into the couch

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

Some new strains i've found that totally KILL for insomnia areee...

Platinum OG Kush (very HEAVY stone)
Emperor OG (just to much of a fight to stay awake after multiple bong loads)
Elderberry (Blackberry x GDP..supposedly)
Sour OG (very stoney, eye lid warmer)

those are my favorites lately! i struggle with insomnia daily. But sometimes for my job (noc shift) i rely on it!

Love hate relationship if ya catch my drift...lol

J

JonathonStrange

I had positive effects with sour diesel, my wife did not. Tolorance built up on the quick side. The first few times worked like a charm. Hope it helps and good luck on your quest.

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
My Black Domina cut knocks me down every time. I used to smoke it during the day but no more of that. Its probably one of a handful of strains that ill only smoke at night when i am finished with everything i have to get done for the day. Always get a good nights sleep with it.

S

SLO Grown

THC appears to help relieve pain and is neuroprotective (helps keep brain from degenerating over time). THC mimics the action of anandamide, which is a naturally occurring cannabinoid in the brain. THC is thought to be the cause of the following effects of cannabis: relaxation, euphoria, altered space-time perception and appetite stimulation. What does it mean when marijuana buds are "17%" THC? It means that of all the cannabinoids present in the plant, 17% of them are THC. Having a high THC content by itself does not necessarily mean that the marijuana is great. It's important to look at the whole experience caused by the plant which includes another substance known as CBD. You want to find a strain and prepare your plants to cause the effects you're looking for.

CBD was once thought not to affect the subjective affect of marijuana, but further research show that it actually does have an affect. CBD appears to relieve convulsions, some types of inflammation, anxiety, and nausea. CBD has also been show to help stop the growth of cancer. CBD is also effective as an anti-psychotic for people suffering from schizophrenia. Marijuana buds that have a higher amount of CBD are associated with a more sedative or calming effect. Cannabis buds that contain high amounts of CBD are a perfect treatment for insomnia or for treatment late at night. I recommend any strain which has any sort of "Afghan" or "Afghani" in it's lineage. Afghan strains have high CBD content.

Another way to help control the amount of THC and CBD in your plant is to choose the right time to harvest your plant. You can pick the right time to harvest if you watch the trichomes (also known as crystals or resin glands). You tend to get the highest overall THC levels if you harvest your plant when all the trichomes are milky/white, or they are half milky and have translucent. If you wait to harvest your plant until 50% or more the trichomes are amber colored, then you will get a final result that has a bit less THC, but more CBD.

Some breeder's have taken the time to cultivate Indica strains high in CBD. Just ask around your local Collective and they might just have a strain high in CBD. If not, stick with a trusty Indica, it should do the trick.!

K

kolah

I have been using Night Shade or Elephant Bud but any high % indica does it for me.
Everyones different, experiment a bit.

RobotChicken

RobotChicken

Chemdog #4 seems to do the trick!

Smoke one toke your sleepy...and five to have a full nights rest...

Also heavy indica edibles work too

RC

highersolutions

highersolutions

Premium Member
Supporter
Dont forget Purple Urkle. It seems to do the trick :hi

DSCN5011
Jack_Baybeh

Jack_Baybeh

I"ll have to go with the Herijuana also. If I go one toke over the line with her I always wake up in a puddle of my own drool. Wondering :sign0065: happened. LOL.

I got a squat bush, slightly purple pheno of CaliConnect ChemValleyKush that makes it hard to keep your eyes open. I regularly over toke her cuz she tastes so damn good. Lights out!

B

bongtime

thanx everyone for all the replys..but i am here in the uk..so i will need to get a seed strain...am thinking of ....

1.black domina
2.Herijuana

i amy just get the two strains and try em both out...atb Bongtime...

Latest posts

Top Bottom