Looking for Books on hydro

• Thread starter TheAngryCook
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TheAngryCook

hello farmers, I have been thinking of trying a small hydro setup but i can not really find any good information on hydro and cannabis in the same book i understand some aspects of hydro but don't really understand the PPM and mixing of nutes. so if anyone knows of any good books can ya let me know.

Thanks Again,
TheAngryCook

T

TheSeedstress

Here's a bibliography of all the books in my collection (I like to read a lot of different perspectives to get a "feel" for the range of things out there)

1. Marijuana Horticulture, The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Growers Bible (Jorge Cervantes, 2006)

2. The Big Book of Buds (Ed Rosenthal, 2001)

3. Marijuana Buds for Less (SeeMoreBuds, 2007)

4. Organic Marijuana Soma Style (Soma, 2005)

5.Cannabis Cultivation A Complete Grower's Guide (Mel Thomas, 2002)

6. The Best of Ask Ed (Ed Rosenthal, 2003)

7. (and most important) The threads available on THCFARMER. Searching with the right string produces amazing results!

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
Hey bro, i would read up on hydro and growing in general..don't worry about mj specific as much,get the basics going..here is a great book for beginners that comes to mind
Gardening Indoorsby George Van Patten

T

TheAngryCook

Thanks for the reading material guys looks gots all my outdoor out and am board as hell now so im going to read.

thanks again;
TheAngryCook

J

Jalisco Kid

I do not know if books by jorge or george what ever he wants to call himself will help that much. Maybe some university sites for more technical reading. But marijuaneros have done done some harm to the hydro industries but we have pushed hydro more forward on the cutting edge then any sector from the growing industry.I would put DD or my system up against anything from a university or ag company's work. Reading on the boards will give you lots of info from many different angles/viewpoints.

E

ehole

hey JK i know you say you produce huge plants but what give our take is your average gpw???

T

TheSeedstress

I do not know if books by jorge or george what ever he wants to call himself will help that much. Maybe some university sites for more technical reading. But marijuaneros have done done some harm to the hydro industries but we have pushed hydro more forward on the cutting edge then any sector from the growing industry.I would put DD or my system up against anything from a university or ag company's work. Reading on the boards will give you lots of info from many different angles/viewpoints.

One of the things I appreciate about Jorge's books are he admits when he has changed an opinion, been proven wrong. While it is not a stand-alone superior resource, the color pictures and detailed explanations can supplement, or better yet, jump start what you find on the farm. I especially find the watering/nutrients and pest control sections very helpful. (on the side of "visualizing")

From what I've found, books can be much easier to locate info in (due to the organization/table of contents/index) as a starting point -- once I've found the key terms/points in the chapter I can do a search on the Farm for practical (real-world) info on the subject at hand.

But hey, I'm a book person so I might be a little biased -- I know a few great growers that prefer to search for threads here (and are very successful) rather than starting with any kind of book.

Green growing!
:yes

Top Bottom