Looking for dehumidifier recommendations for my flower room

• Thread starter meatmofo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

meatmofo

Hello friends. Im looking for a dehumidifier for my 8x8 flower room that doesnt produce much heat. It seems like the one im using now is constantly batteling with my ac and isnt efficient. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

They all produce heat.

I was just dealing with a dehumidifier problem. I have a Midea Cube model that I bought from Home Depot. It worked well last year, but when I tried to use it a few weeks ago, it wouldn't remove moisture from the air. So, to make a long story short, the company is going to replace it. I'm happy about that.

It's actually a very good dehumidifier. It has a tank and a pump. It also has WiFi and a phone app. Importantly, it has adjustable humidity levels. Many do not, and if they don't, they're probably set to about 50% RH. I run mine at 60% most of the time.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Hello friends. Im looking for a dehumidifier for my 8x8 flower room that doesnt produce much heat. It seems like the one im using now is constantly batteling with my ac and isnt efficient. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Honestly your best option is a 8000 to 10000 btu window ac. For a room that size you’ll need something with a little more ummph. At that size, the humidification element of the unit will bring down your rh substantially.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Yep a new better AC would be nice
3500btu each 1000w of lights make it round to 4000 to each 1000w so you have a little room when opening and closing the door or working inside there, dehumidifier heat and etc.
If you live in a desert of very hot region you could even round to 5000btu each 1000w.

For a dehumidifier how much water you give your plants per week?
I give my plants flower + veg 100L/week
So I got a dehumidifier that can take out 15L/day, 15L x 7= 105L so I'm covered and it does the job nicely.

1ton AC helps a bit with the dehumidifying too.
get a HOT and COLD AC, already did the stupid move to get a only cold one in the past, also get an Inverter motor AC technology, 40%+ saving on energy bills.

Last edited:
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Honestly your best option is a 8000 to 10000 btu window ac. For a room that size you’ll need something with a little more ummph. At that size, the humidification element of the unit will bring down your rh substantially.
Yep a new better AC would be nice
3500btu each 1000w of lights make it round to 4000 to each 1000w so you have a little room when opening and closing the door or working inside there, dehumidifier heat and etc.

For a dehumidifier how much water you give your plants per week?
I give my plants flower + veg 100L/week
So I got a dehumidifier that can take out 15L/day, 15L x 7= 105L so I'm covered and it does the job nicely.

1ton AC helps a bit with the dehumidifying too.
get a HOT and COLD AC, already did the stupid move to get a only cold one in the past, also get an Inverter motor AC technology, 40%+ saving on energy bills.
damn bro, that is awesome. Knowledge = loot

Latest posts

Top Bottom