Looking for foliar recipes

• Thread starter GOTO-gumi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GOTO-gumi

GOTO-gumi

I know that everyone on here has some area of expertise, some focus on soil, some nutes, others ventilation.

I 've been doing this along time and think my game is tight but still don't have a goto recipe for Foliar feeding, Ive' used trivealive B1, fulvic and humic acids, Liquid light.

I'm looking for a solid recipe that someone has used for a couple years with sucess. hopefully one that several of the masters are sharing?

Goto-893

M

mc1969

tryed different mixes and what not .this stuff is by far better then anything i have ever mixed up my self been useing it for several years. its cheap. the only thing that sucks is only avalable on ebay. http://myworld.ebay.com/blue_mtn_organics/ Foliar Harmony

One (16) ounce bottle of "Foliar Harmony", from Blue Mountain Organics, makes 16 gallons of foliar feed with a NPK which averages 2-4-2.
The average foliar spray bottle is 32 ounces, which means it can be filled 64 times using one bottle of Foliar Harmony.

The ingredients are Artesian Spring Water, Fossilized High Phosphorus Bat Guano, Worm Castings, Coral Calcium, Unsulphured Molasses, Humic Acid, Comfrey Hay Extract, Alfalfa Meal Extract, and Ecto Bacteria..

These ingredients are processed by first oxygenating them for a week in a special tea brewer, then the mix is pasturized, cooled, strained and filtered to remove sediments. The ecto bacteria strains are added later. Ensuring only positive microorganisms are present.

This concentrated fertilizer, requires mixing prior to use. One ounce to one gallon of chlorine free water, or 1/4 ounce to one quart of chlorine free water. It provides both a highly soluble feeding solution and disease protection from the ecto bacteria.

Foliar Harmony may be sprayed directly on the leaves of your plants, up until one week prior to harvest : for fruits, nuts and vegetables. It is best applied on the underside of your plants leaves, when temperatures are not high. Early morning or late evening are best.

N

nog

just because you are growing in soil dont mean you have to use shit with "organic" sounding names, there is nothing wrong with chemicals, humic acid is a chemical, the plants eat chemicals from these organic substances, they like the nitrogen in shit, but i dont think they can absorb sweetcorn? with molasses the plants dont eat the carbo, it feeds the soil bacteria that give off chemicals that the plant can use, so why fuck about with things that just carry or create the chemicals that plants need, just cut out the middle man and use strait chem's.
a good foliar feed is mono potassium phosphate, it feeds the plants p&k (no nitro) and it kills or prevents powdery mildew, check out Haifa chemicals on the net MKP.

opt1c

opt1c

i alternate between spray & grow, ful-power, and ralph's ultra lush all with dutch master's penetrator gold... can really speed up a slow vegging strain

i'm going to try a wetting agent called indicate 5 soon to see if the penetrator is really all that; spraying with the lights on is nice though

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
just because you are growing in soil dont mean you have to use shit with "organic" sounding names, there is nothing wrong with chemicals, humic acid is a chemical, the plants eat chemicals from these organic substances, they like the nitrogen in shit, but i dont think they can absorb sweetcorn?
Ok, technically everything is a chemical. But that's not the direction some people are headed when they work with 'organics'. They/we are trying to get something that is as close to its natural, unadulterated form as possible. Humic acid is mined from leonardite and is ground down, that's fairly unadulterated (as a for instance). Since it's actually fossilized plant and animal matter, it is quite technically organic, no?

GOD I love me my humic & fulvic acids!
with molasses the plants dont eat the carbo, it feeds the soil bacteria that give off chemicals that the plant can use, so why fuck about with things that just carry or create the chemicals that plants need, just cut out the middle man and use strait chem's.
Actually, that is not entirely true. The plants actually *do* use the carbohydrates/sugars, they just need to be small enough molecules. So, those sugars, assuming one has mycos and other soil microbes that they're propagating, do feed the microbes, but they can also be directly taken up by plants. I used to believe as you did and then a botany major taught me differently.
a good foliar feed is mono potassium phosphate, it feeds the plants p&k (no nitro) and it kills or prevents powdery mildew, check out Haifa chemicals on the net MKP.
Good tip! Is this a foliar you'd use on a regular basis, or if you see problems?

The BMO line is fantastic, if you want an easy foliar then those are great products and a great line and I love all those hippies making it.

My tip is to use your most expensive products as foliars. I would never foliar anything sugary such as molasses for the simple fear it would become sticky and attract pests. I learned the hard way about foliaring fish emulsion--it can be done, don't do it near a living area such as your bedroom.

Epsom salts, if your girls are experiencing a deficiency or imbalance of calcium to magnesium, delivered via a nice, warm, pH'd foliar feed can do wonders in less than a week.

My foliar recipes are determined solely by what the girls are telling me.

Hungry for nitrogen? Ok honey, we'll get ya some nitrogen in a nice, soft form, no blue stuff.

Cal-Mg imbalance or deficiency? Those Epsom salts I mentioned can be helpful, as can a good quality Cal-Mag product.

Girls not growing as well as you'd like? Make a tea of alfalfa, steeped in warm water for an hour or so and apply as a root drench or foliar, it's chock full of triacontanol and that just makes them go crazy!

I cannot adequately talk up good kelp products, be they extracts (perfectly suitable as foliar feeds) or meals. They be good shit.

B

bowlpacks

I've always used a sea kelp (age old), and Ascophyllum Nodosum Seaweed (nitrozime). Bills perfect has always been good to me too. I use coco wet as a wetting agent. IMO the best thing to do is switch up products, it gives em a wide variety of foliar goodness.

N

nog

If you want an organic emulsifier / wetting agent for foliar sprays, you could use egg yolk, the lecithin in it is a natural emulsifier. ive never tried it i reckon it might smell after a while.

J

Jalisco Kid

Megafol is a good product to add in foliar spraying. It is aminos from Valagro,but it also works better then DM's penetrator,cheaper and offers more. Haifa makes some of the cleanest salts out there. Nutritech is a killer company is you are down under.
Fulvic is a good product to add with your carbs as if picks up the sugars and deliver them thru the casparian barrier.Dextrose and xylitol works a little better the molasses. JK

daRube

daRube

Jalisco, where do you buy the Megafoil and the Haifa nutrients? My local hydro doesn't carry them and Google doesn't seem to show retailers.. They have websites but I must be inept cause I can't find a retailer..

Thanks,

R

The Kind Man

The Kind Man

daRube:

Haifa Chemical products are imported straight from Israel.

Your local hydroponics store cannot carry them because they are agriculture specific, and are not labeled for the hydroponics industry.
Also, they cannot carry them because some of the ingredients are used for making bombs and what not, so your average joe cant just go in there and get the stuff.

The only way you can get it is if you have an agricultural license or know someone who does.

Your local nursery could probably help you out with about 50% of the salts, but the remaining needs to be purchased through proper agricultural channels.

Hope that helps.

The Kind Man
|Scientia Ipsum Est Vox|
|Knowledge Itself Is Power|

J

Jalisco Kid

daRube:

Haifa Chemical products are imported straight from Israel.

Your local hydroponics store cannot carry them because they are agriculture specific, and are not labeled for the hydroponics industry.
Also, they cannot carry them because some of the ingredients are used for making bombs and what not, so your average joe cant just go in there and get the stuff.

The only way you can get it is if you have an agricultural license or know someone who does.

Your local nursery could probably help you out with about 50% of the salts, but the remaining needs to be purchased through proper agricultural channels.

Hope that helps.

The Kind Man
|Scientia Ipsum Est Vox|
|Knowledge Itself Is Power|

I am able to bring them back across the border not problem. Some fools first told me no way so I went to the commercial crossing. They said the other guys were talking out of their ass. So now I just drive to the commercial crossing and I come thru much quicker. Valagro has a US website
http://www.nutrecology.com/technologyoverviews.html
Haifa US told me you had to buy containers to place an order but I found this

(Killer product) So you might give them a call to see if you could special order. Their polyfeedMar with kelp is some good ferts as is their aminos. Its all good we just do not need most of it. JK

These are serious places that love to help but have no time for stoners if you know what I mean. They will ask questions so be prepared to have answers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom