Looking for general information on MH growing, aka growing bush

• Thread starter Greggl101
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Greggl101

What plants are harvested under the vegetative phase of a MH grow light room? -- cannabis is harvested under 12/12 flowering phase with HPS lighting, when grown indoors, as far as I know

but i'm wondering what plants can I grow with a 175w metal halide, how I should size my grow room, and also vent grow room. I have seen 120mm axial fans with shrouds before that were used for venting a light, and it did this very quietly. Not sure where I can find a quiet fan

I was thinking of growing a herbaceous perennial and thought that maybe it'd be better to have the plants vegging that way I can constantly take clippings

Thanks

G

Greggl101

I'm thinking of moving to a bigger light and or a flowering and vegging chamber separate.

is it true I can go from veg to flower, harvest some, and then go back to veg to regrow the branches?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I'm thinking of moving to a bigger light and or a flowering and vegging chamber separate.

is it true I can go from veg to flower, harvest some, and then go back to veg to regrow the branches?
takes a while to reveg and start growing,. monster cropping that late can take 6-8 weeks to be actually growing in veg,.

L

landman77

I have taken cuttings from the bottom of a flowering plant but it was around week 3. They were also the little inner growth tiny buds on them. I just put them under 18/6 and the buds disappeared. They were a little stressed for about a week.

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

cannabis will grow just fine whole lifecycle under MH, CMH, or HPS

even if the light spectrum isn't optimum for each life stage this won't have a that huge impact with the end product

M

monkey47

What plants are harvested under the vegetative phase of a MH grow light room? -- cannabis is harvested under 12/12 flowering phase with HPS lighting, when grown indoors, as far as I know

but i'm wondering what plants can I grow with a 175w metal halide, how I should size my grow room, and also vent grow room. I have seen 120mm axial fans with shrouds before that were used for venting a light, and it did this very quietly. Not sure where I can find a quiet fan

I was thinking of growing a herbaceous perennial and thought that maybe it'd be better to have the plants vegging that way I can constantly take clippings

Thanks
everything that is leafy and green does verry well under MH think lelttuce and cabage. The reason HPS is such a standard for flower and in other kind of horticuture is because is produces more lummens per wattage then MH. Most streetlights are still using HID lamps and they use HPS because of this reason while MH would provide much more vissibility for humans.

175 watt HID you ll want atleast 50% of the wattage value in kubic m/h (i use the metric system fuck me right ?) I always go for the same value in kubic meters as my wattage when growing under HID during the summer months were i live i really need that kind of air extraction. you can buy a 20 usd bathroom ventilator that will extract 200 m3/h and they are really quit. The least amount of noice production from your air extraaction system is by using a wormwheel extractor like this one (https://www.horecagemak.nl/motor-sl...9GmekKbt1ZQxvF1M5zn_oawRasIK8MIhoCuuAQAvD_BwE) and then make a box around it with noice insulating padding and hang the wormwheel in rubbers so you dont get noice from the vibrations. but for 170w hid heat that is gonna be overkill . I have 2 tents in my study room (one 18 hours on 12 hours of light) I set the timers so there is minimal overlap in so the temp is stable and i get some extra co2 from the other tent when the light is out. I dont even have a extraction fan in my grow tent because its open most of the time. only my flower tent has an extraction fan

You can revert a plant that has bloomed to growth but it takes allot of time so it cost you a lot better is to take some cutlings from you plants when you start them on 12 12 light dark but if you are thinking about a veg tent and a flower tent why not just put a mother in your veg tent together with the plants that you are pre growing before flipping them to 12 12, thats what i do.

B

BudBadBaron

Thanks
Just make sure your plants have enough space to spread out . As for venting, those quiet axial fans with shrouds could do the trick check out hydroponic stores or online for options.

G

Greggl101

The harbor freight blower is very quiet, someone I know used rivets and air ducting tube flange thingy to connect it to the blower.

The axial fans is also very quiet if I remember correctly.

I missed what the above poster was saying about HIDs being brighter but MH being able to produce more light. (anyone want to clue me in?)

Check out these fans

Screenshot 2024 03 19 14309 PM
Screenshot 2024 03 19 14459 PM
Screenshot 2024 03 19 14817 PM
Screenshot 2024 03 19 14907 PM
Top Bottom