• Thread starter JazzedGator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JazzedGator

new, and looking to purchase LED light,,any recommedations

seaslug

seaslug

Lumigrow grows good weed. The Pro 325 series is enough improvement over the old ES series that I have a set of four. I don't like the latest revision of the Pro sheetmetal louvers that direct warm air down onto the plants. My three older Pro series units don't have the UL Listed rating, though.

I'll post a journal here but I don't have the time to properly document right now.

My current grow uses horizontal screen frames constructed of 1" ID PVC using 24 inch by 28 inch center lines.
Each plant gets its own Pro 325 with two square feet of clear screen, in other words.

If I hadn't started off with Lumigrow I'd take a serious look at the Illumitex NeoSol DS.

seaslug

seaslug

The real compelling reason (for me) to use LED is fire prevention. LEDs don't radiate much heat downward but there is plenty of heat generated in a bedroom when filled with thousands of watts of LED fixtures.

seaslug

seaslug

IMG 0002a

These were screened three or four weeks too late but here is my current layout. My S.A.G.E. keeper is the sativa dom in the back.

seaslug

seaslug

Have to update that last sentence: culled for male flower forming near the screen in the center of a bud. No good excuse for stuff going transexual, especially this early (five & 1/2 weeks of 12/12), that I can see for this grow. This is the first generation from clone and my two favorites hermied each time (hence, the previous cull in the foreground). The two sativa leaning phenos (and most desirable otherwise) were the disappointments as it turned out.

Canappa

Canappa

Nice;) But I dont know much about LED's but do you dont think that it may be causing the problems your experiencing? What where the conditions before the lights?

seaslug

seaslug

No, I don't think it is the lights at all--it's the genetics. There was a thread on here started by someone who was very disappointed with TH Seeds. I can see where it comes from, now. It is a pity because the effect is what I was looking for. The more 50/50 sativa/indica S.A.G.E. plants (four in the first grow, two growing currently) didn't have a single transexual event that I could see.

I want to get a grow diary up on this site but I need to do something worth emulating. I really don't have the time to go into all the details right now.

Anyway, this does illustrate an advantage of using one plant per fixture: things are very modular. I started this grow with four plants, then three, now two. Power went from 1300W to 975W to 650W by switching off lights. (I'm blasting all three spectrum controls right now.)

seaslug

seaslug

I was looking at the newest Illumitex and a pair of those 2ft x 4ft units would fill this same space with very even illumination. More money, though.

Canappa

Canappa

Well good luck on anything that you grow bro, wish I had more info on those led's its just not my style...1k lights or nothing for me

seaslug

seaslug

I had a ES165 and a ES330 over each plant last grow, plus a couple alcoves with the Pro 325. After I pulled the first hermi plant, I scooted the extra fixtures over to the adjacent plants. (I didn't have a frame for that grow.)

The plants that grew closer than 24" from the lights bleached, some phenos more than others. I expected that, I'd seen other growers do that on the web with Lumigrow.

What I didn't plan on was the revegetation of my plants that were in week nine of flower. The nutes stayed the same; I've seen other people say revegging was caused by adding nitrogen. The extra photons must have fooled the plants into thinking they were on a longer light cycle. The only two plants that started to reveg were the two that received the "bonus" lighting late in flower.

seaslug

seaslug

Oh, people probably want to know about yield. I didn't weigh it but from six plants I had 18 quart jars full of bud. I put in about 40 grams per jar of my friend's Killing Fields but SAGE is more airy. I was blasting most of my LEDs to see what would happen so my grams per watt for that first grow was ridiculously low. Anyway, I netted something over three ounces per plant without even trying. And that first grow didn't have the screening, just little trees self-pruned by the high power LEDs

I'm glad I ran the SAGE twice. The first grow had reason to hermi but when the same two phenos from clone hermi in the same manner on the same schedule--when the grow is pretty well dialed in and sister plants are just fine--I gotta call out the genetics.

The 50/50 pheno I have remaining as my only mother (now) is OK but about the same effect can be had from any number of hybrids.

Last edited:
seaslug

seaslug

Growershouse.com used a not-so-good quality meter that shows Lumigrow at a disadvantage with the 660nm diodes but take a look at the light spread for some various brands over there.

I think you still have to drill out rivets to replace the fans in California Lightworks or else I'd say give them a try.

J

JazzedGator

Growershouse.com used a not-so-good quality meter that shows Lumigrow at a disadvantage with the 660nm diodes but take a look at the light spread for some various brands over there.

I think you still have to drill out rivets to replace the fans in California Lightworks or else I'd say give them a try.
What about - Black Dog or Magnum?

seaslug

seaslug

Some people say LED shortens the flower period by a week. It looks like that might be true. My SAGE is advertised as a 10 to 11 week strain but all six of my phenos were done by the end of week nine on that first grow. It seems like the same is true for this grow. I should add: the first grow (over) vegged for three months, from seed, and the current grow vegged two months from clone.

The sativa doms mature just as fast as their 50/50 sisters for the SAGE, another feature I hate to give up. Next up from seed: Cantaloup Skunk from ISP.

Last edited:
seaslug

seaslug

I like LED fixtures that autoswitch from 120VAC to 240VAC. That photo shows Sunlight Supply 6ft Smart Volt cords plugged into 15A 240V duplex receptacles.

Top Bottom