Looking for Grow tent recommendations

• Thread starter Holden9cox
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Holden9cox

Holden9cox

I recently moved and I’m looking for a good tent that’ll be good start to finish. I used to start my seeds in an aero garden then moved them to pots. I’m looking for a good tent that has lights water pump and big enough for 2-3 plants.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I recently moved and I’m looking for a good tent that’ll be good start to finish. I used to start my seeds in an aero garden then moved them to pots. I’m looking for a good tent that has lights water pump and big enough for 2-3 plants.
I'm in a 3x3x6.5' Spiderfarmer tent and it's well built and seems like a good one to me but it is my first one. I currently have 3 in 3 gallon pots filling the space. I had 4 in it but one grew balls...lol.....I 'm using their Se3000 and its doing the job nicely I have pics if you want but I'm not going to fill your page with my pics...they're on my profile page if you're interested.

Choppr

Choppr

I know it sounds like an odd size but I like the 2.8'x5'x6.6'(32"x 60"x80") (I call it a 3 x 5) Vivosun, I do 3 plant runs in 5or7 gal pots, leaves room on the floor for humidifier, tower fan and plenty of room overhead. Fits 2xMH TSW 3000 Lights perfectly. (or the TSW 2000's) Vivosun's they are budget tents, you do have to be carful with the zippers around the curves, also light leaks, but I run Auto's Only now. good luck M8

Ponky

Ponky

Well the choice is a regular tent form Amazon. Or a Gorilla thats a bit taller. Ceiling height and budget choose.

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

Need more info about the space you have available. A typical grow tent is 4x4. Use that as a standard - can you fit it? Or do you need something smaller? Or bigger?

A 4x4 is big enough for one plant or 16. One plant in a bigger pot grown with lots of training and topping will fill the 4x4. Or 16 plants in small pots in a Sea Of Green config - fills the same space.

The difference there is one plant takes a lot of time training it, while the 16 plants are allowed to grow mostly untouched for speed. Also takes 15 more ($$) seeds for the Sea Of Green.

I've filled a 4x4 with 5 plants, and I found the center plant really impeded access to the back two for defoliating or any other maintenance. My current grow didn't just fill the 4x4 with only 4 plants, they got so tall I had to replace the tent with a taller one during flower!

So - the number of plants in a tent is controlled partly by time available to deal with them and partly by the amount of lighting you have. The amount of lighting is determined by the size of the tent, so you kind of need to nail down the tent size first.

2-3 plants - could be anywhere from a 2x4 to a 5x5 depending on how much training you want to do to the plants to spread them out.

Based on my experience, unless perhaps you are growing autos, get a tall tent. Modern LED lights want 24-36 inches clearance, so think about what space is left between the light and the top of a pot in a 5-foot-tall tent. My current tent is 8 feet tall (Gorilla Grow - I can recommend it). Vivosun looks like they have nice tents too.

More experience - you seem to be looking for a kit including light and fan. I'd be wary of that. In one year I've already replaced everything in my first 4x4 tent kit - light, exhaust fan, controller, and the tent itself. (If you are in Phoenix I'll make you a good deal on it.) You are going to want to end up with an AC-Infinity fan and controller, so don't take anything less in a kit. The light - depends on tent size - don't get one that isn't bright enough. (My 4x4 kit came with a 240w LED, which I replaced with a 600w.) Shape of light needs to correlate to the shape of the tent too.

Water pump - what do you mean here? Sounds like you're thinking hydro or coco.

Maxwax

Maxwax

I have a Mars Hydro 3.3' x 3.3' tent and its great but if I had to do it again Id buy a tent that had zippered access to the back or side of the tent for easier access during jumangi stage especially.

I fortunately have a room where my tent gives me 4 side access but I dont have any openings.

Decide exactly how many plants you want to grow "Through Flower" and how youre planning on growing them. That will tell you the size you need.

Craig said it better than me....lol

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I would go with a 3 x 3 or a 4 x 4, or similar size. Both are plenty for 2-3 plants.

No one ever said, "I wish I had less room for plants in my grow."

Holden9cox

Holden9cox

Need more info about the space you have available. A typical grow tent is 4x4. Use that as a standard - can you fit it? Or do you need something smaller? Or bigger?

A 4x4 is big enough for one plant or 16. One plant in a bigger pot grown with lots of training and topping will fill the 4x4. Or 16 plants in small pots in a Sea Of Green config - fills the same space.

The difference there is one plant takes a lot of time training it, while the 16 plants are allowed to grow mostly untouched for speed. Also takes 15 more ($$) seeds for the Sea Of Green.

I've filled a 4x4 with 5 plants, and I found the center plant really impeded access to the back two for defoliating or any other maintenance. My current grow didn't just fill the 4x4 with only 4 plants, they got so tall I had to replace the tent with a taller one during flower!

So - the number of plants in a tent is controlled partly by time available to deal with them and partly by the amount of lighting you have. The amount of lighting is determined by the size of the tent, so you kind of need to nail down the tent size first.

2-3 plants - could be anywhere from a 2x4 to a 5x5 depending on how much training you want to do to the plants to spread them out.

Based on my experience, unless perhaps you are growing autos, get a tall tent. Modern LED lights want 24-36 inches clearance, so think about what space is left between the light and the top of a pot in a 5-foot-tall tent. My current tent is 8 feet tall (Gorilla Grow - I can recommend it). Vivosun looks like they have nice tents too.

More experience - you seem to be looking for a kit including light and fan. I'd be wary of that. In one year I've already replaced everything in my first 4x4 tent kit - light, exhaust fan, controller, and the tent itself. (If you are in Phoenix I'll make you a good deal on it.) You are going to want to end up with an AC-Infinity fan and controller, so don't take anything less in a kit. The light - depends on tent size - don't get one that isn't bright enough. (My 4x4 kit came with a 240w LED, which I replaced with a 600w.) Shape of light needs to correlate to the shape of the tent too.

Water pump - what do you mean here? Sounds like you're thinking hydro or coco.
I’m still pretty new to growing but this will be my third year. My goal is to keep the plant total low so I can experiment with training and figure out what methods work for me. I’m gonna do autos in it first for the faster grow since I don’t want to buy flower anymore, then after that I’m gonna move on to sexing and potentially trying to make something of my own

Ponky

Ponky

I’m still pretty new to growing but this will be my third year. My goal is to keep the plant total low so I can experiment with training and figure out what methods work for me. I’m gonna do autos in it first for the faster grow since I don’t want to buy flower anymore, then after that I’m gonna move on to sexing and potentially trying to make something of my own
Well you can get a cheaper Amazon tent. But the Zipper is the gamble. The brand I bought with good fabric and a good zipper isn't on there anymore. They're all so similar. 4x4 and 5x5. Or 4x8 are popular. Cheap.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Where is this tent going to be located at? In a high traffic, lights on and off area? If so, look for quality. You may want to shop your brick and mortar hydro store so you can see before you buy. If it's in the basement and otherwise always dark except when the grow lights are on, you can save a few dollars and buy a budget priced tent from Amazon. As long as it has a good zipper and well stitched seams, a few pin hole light leaks will not cause any issues.

Just my two cents lol ...

Moshmen

Moshmen

Well the choice is a regular tent form Amazon. Or a Gorilla thats a bit taller. Ceiling height and budget choose.
I’ll answer here - I have multiple tents from name brands to Amazon’s here today gone tomorrow cheapo, I have a gorilla tent with extension super well made no leaks everything is great except the doors they are a pain in the ass ! Zippers to low gotta start 2 blow ur knees and 1 above ur head , ok rant over

the best bang for the buck I believe has been the ac infinity tents well built user friendly and not bad on price .

Moshmen

Moshmen

Hi, I am a fan of the AC tent. Curious about your experience with gorilla?? What makes it better? Apprecilove the conversation.
See my comment below - I would tend to agree with you. I’m not a huge fan of my gorilla 🦍 great quality but not user friendly

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

Hi, I am a fan of the AC tent. Curious about your experience with gorilla?? What makes it better? Apprecilove the conversation.
I replaced my cheap kit tent mid-flower with a Gorilla Grow tent. I needed another foot of height.

Besides having 1 foot extension option, the poles are thicker and sturdier. Something you appreciate when you have a lot of expensive weight hanging rom it. The fabric is a good deal thicker. Has two windows in the doors for inspection, which is handy. The dual door front is a pain to recipe. Definitely a good tent.

CaptG420

CaptG420

IMG 20210704 012436899
IMG 20210704 012442378
IMG 20210704 012359942
IMG 20210704 012411591

Latest posts

Top Bottom