Looking for help on a light for a clo e tent

• Thread starter pbull79
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

pbull79

I just got a 24 in Gorilla Clone tent. What type of lighting would you recommend for this. There's so many options so I'm curious on what's worked best for you guys. Thanks in advance.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
I just got a 24 in Gorilla Clone tent. What type of lighting would you recommend for this. There's so many options so I'm curious on what's worked best for you guys. Thanks in advance.
Any 1000 watt led light that draws 100 watts from the wall wil be fine for that. .

S

storz

if it is a 2x2 tent just for clones, then a 24 inch 2 bulb T5 fluorescent light would work or a few CFLs would work. If you actually go full cycle in the tent then 30 watts per sq ft is the general rule for LED lights

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I have an AC Infinity Iongrid T22 LED light in my 2x2. It's the one with the hole in the center. I haven't used it yet. It's new. I have seedlings started in another tent, so, I'll be putting it to use soon. The T22 replaced a ViparSpectra XS2000, which worked well, but at 240 watts, it was overpowered for the tent. I changed because I wanted to try the T22's transition capability. Basically, it simulates (somewhat) the light level changes during dawn and dusk. It costs more than other lights, but I wanted to try the design and the integration with my controller. Otherwise, I think the ViparSpectra XS1500 seems to be a good light for a small tent.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Any 1000 watt led light that draws 100 watts from the wall wil be fine for that. .
How would that work? Did you type an extra zero? I run my LED lights with watt meters at the wall outlet. I check the factory power rating by setting the light to full power to see if the meter reading equals the rated power. So far, all the lights I've tested draw the rated full power of the light exactly.

S

storz

How would that work? Did you type an extra zero? I run my LED lights with watt meters at the wall outlet. I check the factory power rating by setting the light to full power to see if the meter reading equals the rated power. So far, all the lights I've tested draw the rated full power of the light exactly.
I thought that he was making a joke about the cheap over rated lights we see all the time that claim they are 200000 watts but pull 100 from the wall. . IOW any cheap led will work. But it could be a typo too. either way all you need for clones is a small low wattage light.

N

Natep

I would run a fluorescent led. I believe excel has some 24”. That or a t5

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
1000watt par equivalent. It pulls 100 watts.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter

Well, it would work like I used my 2x2 tent. Alls I use is a vipar p1000 in a tent that size. But yeah, t5 are cool too.

Top Bottom