Looking for help, should I harvest early?

• Thread starter Gbear
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Gbear

Hi all,

New to the site been growing for 10 years indoor and out. On Vancouver island mostly coastal strains that finish early. This season I have a large greenhouse and have some scrog, large plants that are probably like 2 weeks to optimum finish. Night temps suddenly went to 5 c and humidity is going from 89 in the night to 49 in the day with crazy weather fluctuations where I am.

Question is should I make the call and harvest now or risk shock and issues coming soon?
Have managed to deal with some bud rot but worried the humidity will set it off.

Thank you!

E

Eripz

I am in the same boat here in Southern Ontario. Humidity has been around 80-90% and lots of rain. Supposed to have some warm weather this week so I’m going to try and hold off. Just keep checking for but rot everyday, they will be fine!

G

Gbear

Thanks! I pulled a couple today just because. I will be on it day to day. Problem is no power to the greenhouse so have to pray mother nature is kind!

20190928 151416
G

Gbear

As long as temps don't fall below 40f they are still growing! If you are in a green house you should be able to reduce the humidity enough to avoid rot with just a de humidifier. Or if not available a window unit air conditioner running as long as it doesn't reduce temps to low. May have to turn on and off in intervals watching temp. Also, sounds crazy but it works, a friend of mine makes apillow from a pillow case, and a mixture of salt and cat litter inside it placed where the filter goes on his air conditioner with good old duct tape. Drops his 8x16 grow room humidity by10 to20 percent believe it or not. Good luck. I would just check them every day till I see Any signs that makes me nervous. Then chop them
43 degrees overnight 😨. Fingers crossed!!

Top Bottom