Looking for Help to Save my Fav Klone

• Thread starter WattSaver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WattSaver

WattSaver

I would love to have some seed stock from my favorite girl, it was a homemade cross by a friend of a friend of a friend, and there is no seed left from original stock. So it exists in clone form only. What I really like about this plant is not it's great fruity tropical taste, or it's above avg production, or that it's a sativa dominate that finishes in 8 wks, but it's the girls ability to kill off spider mites, yes this plant seems to be impervious to spider mites.

From what I've read it seems like my best chance is to hermi one of the girls. Since I have never tried to intentionally hermi a plant, what is the best way to make it change???
I'm at day 20 of 12/12 is this too late to try??

My plan was to 1st make it go an extra light cycle maybe two between watering. I want to see it droopy. Then mess with its light, I was going to try 24 hrs straight while its weak, then put it on the opposite light dark schedule under a much weaker light, like a 105w cfl.

If there are other things I could do to help stress, and push it into hermi-vill please let me know.

This is one of the most hardy strains I've ever grown, so I don't know if I can even make it flip. And I was planning on using the strongest one in the grow rm, as a cutting it set roots fastest and fullest and is a full 6" taller than the other 3, or would I be better served using one of the others??

Any help would be appreciated.

JAWS

JAWS

why dont you STS it and make FEM seeds?.or better yet breed her with something good they drop some of those HYBRID seeds and find a male that closet relates to your beloved FEMALE and breed those two making it a BX/C?....
peace.

WattSaver

WattSaver

I'm guessing STS is dealing with Silver Nitrate. I'd rather try to stress to get some pollen.

Well I was planning on saving the pollen for the next run, being I'm at 20 days now I figured I'd be too late to pollinate anything in this grow by the time it would take to have the hermi drop (his) balls.

My dream girl is called Maui-Wowie. I know it started with an island strain & was crossed with something else. I've got a vial full of seeds my friend brought back from HI with many different strains including the legendary DuckFoot Indica, but nothing is labeled. I've started sprouting seeds to see what I've got and will X later. But I still would like this girl straight up if possible.

JAWS

JAWS

well i have no knowledge when it comes to purposely herming my plants nor would i ever personal try to do that, its just to risky for my liking and id never fill comfortable passing those to my peeps..
best of luck.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
sometimes a plant that is left to flower longer than normal, can get some male pollen sacks.

just a thought.

Is that the same as a Herm?

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
sometimes a plant that is left to flower longer than normal, can get some male pollen sacks.

just a thought.

hey ken..i think thats how we get that random bagseed once and a blue moon..by accident tho lol

southstreets

southstreets

I'd just try and re veg her.. Leave a cple lowers on there and throw her back in ur veg area

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

just a thought.

Seems like a natural way to get some pollen...You would likely end up with just another clone only strain after you weed out all the unstable phenos.... Take jaws' advice! Find a good strain that has similar qualities as yours and Buy a pack of regular seeds and find a stud. Then you have some serious work to do. Good luck my friend!

WattSaver

WattSaver

just a thought.

Yes it is the same as a herm. Once a girl grows balls, it's a hermi.
Letting it go won't work with this strain, my son let one go 16 wks once just to see if it would stop stacking the top kolas. And it never did. It doesn't matter when you chop this plant it will always have brand new pistils on top.

I also heard that cold can make them change.

Here's a couple of photos of the lucky candidate. She's in the front right slot, at 21 days 12/12, and 44" tall. You will notice a little wilt, the shots were taken a little before lights off. I'm going to grab her and stick her outside now in the middle of her dark cycle, for a little direct sun, but the temp is only in the low 50's. So I'm hoping for a triple shock treatment.

WattSaver

WattSaver

Here we go!

MW 21dy 001
MW 21dy 004

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

i'd take some clones off of the one you want to keep, like ^^^ Said, its not to far along, then if the clones don't take, re-veg her. I have reveg'd many a times with no loss in vigour.. My own experience

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

He has clones!!! He is trying to make seed stock. Make a few crosses with amazing genes and try to make mite proof og kush. I would.

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Either way you will have to start a shit ton of seeds to find a yeild/smell/mite resistant pheno like the one you have. My experience with HOMEMADE fem beans the best phenos always throw nannners. It's a damn shame. Don't be a cock blocker and let a stud spread his love!!!!

WattSaver

WattSaver

just clone it man! 20 days in is not that far. it will only root faster. then give it time to reverse. presto!

Thanks, it nice to know I didn't completely miss the boat.

i'd take some clones off of the one you want to keep, like ^^^ Said, its not to far along, then if the clones don't take, re-veg her. I have reveg'd many a times with no loss in vigour.. My own experience

I probably wasn't clear in the opening statement. I still have the clone line intact. In fact I have 6 clones in the veg box now.

WattSaver

WattSaver

Either way you will have to start a shit ton of seeds to find a yeild/smell/mite resistant pheno like the one you have. My experience with HOMEMADE fem beans the best phenos always throw nannners. It's a damn shame. Don't be a cock blocker and let a stud spread his love!!!!

I do plan on X her, I just got 5 Big Island Thunder beans, which I've grown before and is similar, hopefully there's at least one stud in the group.

But I still want to make a he-she, and some S1 seeds.

Here's the abuse I've throw at it so far. If anyone has more suggestions please speak up.
The normal light schedule is lights on at night. So I wilted her then watered, and in the middle of the dark cycle I took it outside in direct sunlight for about 4 hrs, I had it in area where heat builds up and got the bucket temp to above 90 degrees. Took it inside with just muted light. Then this last night I left it outside till about 3 am the temp was 46, (by 5:30 temp dropped to 38 and I don't want to kill it) Once inside I broke up its dark cycle again with a couple hrs of light. I don't plan on letting it get 12 hrs of continuous dark, until I see some nads. And I'm going to continue exposing to temps above & below the normal operating range.

J

jetcat

Take one of your clones and veg it a bit. Then take it out of its pot and SLAM the root ball on the ground. I've never tried this but I've heard it works.

WattSaver

WattSaver

Take one of your clones and veg it a bit. Then take it out of its pot and SLAM the root ball on the ground. I've never tried this but I've heard it works.

I can see where this would induce a great amount of stress. If the one I'm punishing now doesn't give any pollen, then I've got an extra klone in veg I could donate to science.

Luna

Luna

This is what Soma does.

Age Feminization Technique (AFT) or Rodelzation

Soma, the famous marijuana cultivator and breeder (he developed the now legendary NYC diesel strain) recommened the following organic method for making your own Feminized Seeds. It does not require any stressing of the plant or addition of sketchy chemical additives like gibberilic acid. It is sometimes called Rodelization, not for the subspecies known as Ruderalis but after a friend that helped him develop the technique. Soma sets forth this and many of his methods and philosophies in the short grow guide “Organic Marijuana Growing Soma Style”.
Marijuana is nothing if not a survivor. The best survival strategy Marijuana employs is getting humans to cultivate it for its many medical commercial and recreational uses. But this clever plant has more than humans in its arsenal of survival tools. Some lament marijuana’s tendency to hermaphrodization. However this ability is a genetic survival tools par excellence. Consider a lone female marijuana plant that has some how made it to flower. Without any males she would be deprived of the chance to procreate. But marijuana like some other plants and even some vertebrate animals has the ability to produce viable male reproductive structures. Previously unfertilized females will sometimes develop male “bananas” full of pollen at the end of the reproductive cycle. This creates an opportunity to deliver her genetic contribution to the next generation. A few seeds may develop after the males bananas shed their pollen onto the female buds. These very seeds have the potential to allow females to continue in the absence of males. This is evolutionary slightly disadvantageous because it does not allow for the diversity of a healthy gene pool. But it is much more advantageous then not surviving at all! The implications for humanity are staggering and I shall leave that to the reader’s imagination.

The AFT Technique for producing feminized seeds.
1. Let selected females continue to grow about 10 -14 days beyond normal fully ripe harvest.
2. Harvest the aged females and inspect for banana or male pollen sacs.
3. Remove any pollen sacs and store in an air tight plastic bag for up to 2 months
4. You must have some female plants that are in their second week of flower before the pollen begins to loose potency.
5. Using a fine water color brush take a small amount of pollen and gently apply to all the buds except the main colas (which you will keep for your use of course) Caution: pollen will be carried on the wind and remain viable for very long distances. Turn of all ventilation and fans when pollinating
6. Let the plant finish as normally and collect the seeds after the plants have been harvested and dried. You should have a selection of mature feminized seeds that are a cross of the original hermaphrodite and the seed bearing female.
That it folks! I have yet to try the technique myself but may give it a try. If you decide to give it a wirl let us know how it goes!

Top Bottom