Looking For Ideas For Trellis

• Thread starter Randog3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

no, only the busa was able to hit 10 and under (stock), the r1, 1000rr (honda), gsxr 1000, kaw 1000, was able to hit a 10.5 at best with a exp rider. NOW the bmw 1000sr will hit a sub 10 or 10 no prob, as will the ducatti desmo super bike.

gearing changes (normally -1 front, +2 rear and a chain swap to a 520 race chain will help a lot (unsprung weight), as will being 150# or under, a quick turn throttle (1/4 turn in what we mostly used). mapping/fuel tuning with a bazzaz ZFI (I used to make maps on the fly (after my laptop was hooked up and set to map) at any location with an conditions). you think growing is $$$$$$$, growing is cheap compared to sportbike racing. a typical race weekend (sat/sun), hotel on fri/sat, food, 2x sets of tire, gas for bike, gas for generator, brake pads, brake fluid change every day, oil change every day, tire swap every day, tire warmers, generator, ezup, race/track fees (normally 180/day), 3-20hr drive one way, ect, ect, ect. lol I did side jobs to support my race habit (detailing, painting, bump, rr).

I got out of the bike scene in 2012 (iirc), so my knowledge of the newer bikes and power is limited to my past knowledge only. things may have changed, but back then only the bmw 1000sr, busa, and ducatti desmodecci(sp) reigned supreme as the top leaders in the sportbike era.

there are ex MOTO gp bikes, ex ama race bike for sale on the WERA forum. but the bike are fully tweaked, every possible top end goodie is on the bike, but 20k+ to 500,000 for a bike is the asking prices.

Latest posts

Top Bottom