looking for info on reflectors

• Thread starter spiritman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

spiritman

Hello, Newbie here. Going to be getting a 4x4 tent and going with Luminex 600watt ballast. The reflectors I am looking at are the Super Sun II which is approx 26"x13"x8" or the Cool Sun Reflector both have 6" inlet/outlet and is
20"x23"x8". I am open to any suggestions even if it is a totally different reflector that I am thinking of. This will be my first setup for inside.

Thanks,
spiritman

MrStonerMan

MrStonerMan

If price is not too much of a concern for you, you might want to try something with a bit more coverage. I've seen big ass 40 something inch Parabolic reflectors that will still fit good in your grow space. JMO

symbiote420

symbiote420

The Hydrofarm Daystar that's what I use it's very similiar to the reflectors you already mentioned but it has a flat aluminum interior instead of dimpled, I swear I can't look up into this bad boy it's like the sun. You gotta hang it a tad bit higher because the light is so intense coming out of it, and for it to be so small the footprint is every bit as wide as a Magnum, Raptor, or a parabolic.

G

GirlCarny

Hi Spirit. I have a super sun 2 and honestly I am not real happy with it. I have it and am still using it, but it does not distribute the light evenly and there is a noticeable difference in each of the 4 corners as far as light intensity gos.

Although its heavier and more expensive I would go with IBthemans suggestion or if you dont need to air cool consider running a bare bulb or even a adjusta wing reflector.

Top Bottom