Looking for opinions for starting my first garden

• Thread starter kreeper66
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kreeper66

Anybody ever used a "Phototron"system?

[I'm hoping to get some opinions about the "Phototron"plant system.I'm planning my first grow attempt and this seems like a very user friendly way to start.[/I]

U

ukgirl420

hello :hi: and welcome to the farm ,,sorry i have no knowledge of the phototron system ,,but goodluck :rauch08::rauch08:

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Hi kreeper. I don't know much about the phototron either, but I recommend to just do a lot of reading on the forums first-off. I think the most user friendly systems (search these terms) is going to be a hempy bucket, or a wick-fed bucket (I'm currently using) w/ CFL lighting for low heat. You can add more lighting as you go.

It's a lot of fun to set up your own closet or cab. The best thing about these buckets is NO MOVING PARTS. That is, no air or water pumps that can fail, like a hydro system has. No reservoir changes either. Also, you can leave a wick fed system for a week without watering it - it waters itself. This was what I was comfortable w/ on my 1st grow. I don't want to leave for the weekend, power surge or breaker pops, & come home to dead plants.

H

HypnoToad

Here are some simple to use nutes that are inexpensive:

http://stores.ebay.com/Blue-Mountain-Organics

Their whole lineup is 45 or so shipped. It's organic, and easy to use. Also, go soil. It's slower but safer and waaay more forgiving. That being said there are lots of easy to use hydro systems if you have the money for them.

HT

wonderinalice

wonderinalice

Here are some simple to use nutes that are inexpensive:

http://stores.ebay.com/Blue-Mountain-Organics

Their whole lineup is 45 or so shipped. It's organic, and easy to use. Also, go soil. It's slower but safer and waaay more forgiving. That being said there are lots of easy to use hydro systems if you have the money for them.

HT

I use the foliar harmony from these guys....great stuff for the money....And i'm also a "newer" grower and dirt is a great option for a first go round....:rauch08:

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
Phototrons are small and easy to steal. If you have any skills in building stuff or designing then it's a lot fun. If you don't then I would get a small tent or something instead. Just my thoughts. I have seen the machine in person. It's much smaller than the ads make it look. I think the whole thing would fit in a 30 gal trash can. My friend ran a couple bag seeds in one until someone grabbed it on the way out of his house one night. It put out like half ounce for him. Took three months from seed. It is a cool little gadget if you want a novelty garden to learn with. Peace and good luck with grow.

Yeah. Hempy buckets in a 3X3 tent with 600w.

N

Northstar521

Mpb system... All the way! Even if you have to scale down to the veg inspired one... This things the shiz!

Top Bottom