Looking for recommendations for keeping this Blue Dream 6 foot tall or less when finished?

• Thread starter Timberman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Timberman

Trying to decide if I should scrog this Blue Dream or not? It is about 3 foot tall currently and I don't want it over 6 foot when finished. I'm debating on either putting a trellis net on it and letting it grow through, or starting to scrog it to keep it low. I've also debated netting it now and then scrogging up higher on another net. I'm trying to decide what will be best yield wise and what will shade lower limbs the least? Maybe I should take off the bottom limbs and just leave the top and start scrogging it now? What do you guys think is the best plan of attack to keep it 6 foot tall or less with the most yield?

Looking for recommendations for keeping this blue dream 6 foot tall or less when finished
Looking for recommendations for keeping this blue dream 6 foot tall or less when finished 2
Looking for recommendations for keeping this blue dream 6 foot tall or less when finished 3
Looking for recommendations for keeping this blue dream 6 foot tall or less when finished 4
Looking for recommendations for keeping this blue dream 6 foot tall or less when finished 5
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Trying to decide if I should scrog this Blue Dream or not? It is about 3 foot tall currently and I don't want it over 6 foot when finished. I'm debating on either putting a trellis net on it and letting it grow through, or starting to scrog it to keep it low. I've also debated netting it now and then scrogging up higher on another net. I'm trying to decide what will be best yield wise and what will shade lower limbs the least? Maybe I should take off the bottom limbs and just leave the top and start scrogging it now? What do you guys think is the best plan of attack to keep it 6 foot tall or less with the most yield?
Blue dream scrogs well, I’m indoor though, but the stalks were very open to chiropractic slow bending.

IMG 5307
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Topping tie it down. The key is to keep it under 4feet because that flower stretching in the blue dream can be ridiculous 🤣 I personally love blue dream so much I made crosses because of it's growth rate and flavor.
Hey me too! I crossed it with cali dream and made cali blues! Wonderful shit,

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
I crossed my blue dream and forbidden fruit. Talk about a killer mix.

Yeah, BD is pretty hardy and will tolerate a lot. You should be able to easily screen it or lst it at the very least.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I crossed my blue dream and forbidden fruit. Talk about a killer mix.

Yeah, BD is pretty hardy and will tolerate a lot. You should be able to easily screen it or lst it at the very least.
Hell yeah, it’s dynamic to say the least.

L

lovergirl

Alright, let's break it down in a more casual way. If you're thinking about what to do with your Blue Dream plant, here's the deal:

1. Yield Potential: Scrogging can give you more buds and bigger yields. By weaving the branches through a net, you create an even canopy and let more light reach the bud sites. So if you want to maximize your harvest, scrogging is a solid choice.
  2. Height Control: You don't want your plant getting taller than 6 feet, right? Scrogging can help with that. By training the branches horizontally through the net, you keep the plant more compact and prevent it from shooting up too high. It acts like a guide for the plant, keeping it in check and encouraging side growth.
  3. Lower Limb Shading: Here's the thing – both trellis netting and scrogging can cause some shading on the lower parts of the plant if you're not careful. But don't worry! You just need to keep an eye on your plant's canopy and make sure light reaches all the important areas. Trim and tuck leaves that are blocking light, and you should be good to go.
So, if you're concerned about shading, here's a suggestion: start with a trellis net to provide some support and let the plant grow upward. Once it reaches your desired height, add a second net higher up and start scrogging. This way, you get the benefits of both techniques – support and height control from the trellis, and increased yield potential from scrogging.

I prefer to put trellis net on it and let them grow through.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
For those of you that never heard of scrogs 🤣

Top Bottom