Looking for recommendations on irrigation manifolds

• Thread starter Pondracer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pondracer

Pondracer

Title says it all. Looking for irrigation manifolds that work well and don't leak. At the moment I am fixated on these Xeri-Bird 8 Outlet drip manifolds and thinking of using the 24 gph emitters into coco. Digital timer on the pump and the flexibility for running either 8, 16 or 32 lines (4 manifolds). The trick would be getting enough for runoff but I think thats doable. I would probably run 1/2" SCH40 in loops with these manifolds.

My experience with the current grow makes me think I will end up watering 4-8 liters a day per plant but maybe thats excessive? Not sure. I am not planning on repeating the hedge of doom approach but going for smaller plants. Probably 2 - 5 gallon pots depending on the count? All suggestions welcome.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I'm a big fan of the rainbird 6 port free flowing manifolds.

These are what I've been using for the last year and they dont give me any issues.

Pondracer

Pondracer

Thanks! Do you use a valve on each line to regulate flow?

I'm a big fan of the rainbird 6 port free flowing manifolds.

These are what I've been using for the last year and they dont give me any issues.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
2-5 gallons you will need to use prob 2 lines per plant.

I enjoy the Rain Birds. Some of the octo bubblers work good (specially when you remove the regs and free flow them). Regulated drippers are only really needed when running long runs and lots of pressure. Most of the time on smaller setups free flowing is fine and causes less issues since you will have even watering across the system. You also avoid the headache of clogged drippers and manifolds ect.

Stay away from the big box hardware store stuff. Companies like Dig ect. Their qual control is total shit.

Last edited:
Dartmouth.Dank

Dartmouth.Dank

Thanks! Do you use a valve on each line to regulate flow?
you seem very knowledgable.. maybe you can help me with this drip irrigation question... how do I adjust my ph using drip irrigation? My water from the house is 7.8 and I am looking for watering my cannabis plants at approximately 6.2 for my outdoor grow.

Dartmouth.Dank

Dartmouth.Dank

Don’t you have a Rez
I have a rez yes but just looking for a way to due without that. I am thinking of using dry fertilizer in my pots and just adding plain water but I know having it the proper ph is the way to go

Top Bottom