looking for romulan

• Thread starter JonsiMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JonsiMan

Looking for romulan Strain, if anyone knows of any floatng around, please inform.:smiley_joint:

F

FastForward

Check the Strain Guide, search function here and google :)

I'm running a Next Gen Romulan right now, on day 30 or so. Nothing of note as yet, just a bit too early to tell. Serious drinker though.

true grit

true grit

I looked for a hot minute for some Romulan as well.... closest I could find is TGA's the Flav. its a romulan mom cross with supposed very Romulan dom. I forget what its crossed with, but the cross already Romulan in the make up.

true grit

true grit

Yeah sounds like a winner, Sub said it yields heavy as well.

S

SCC

Premium Member
Supporter
hey Jonsiman, romulan was a cut Federation seeds and Next Generation worked with for many years. Don't know the real story of what happened but they they used to work together and they split, they both offer seeds but Next Generation's Romulan is more readily available, the Federation one is harder to get as there seeds are not distributed as much.

The next generation romulan i think is like a F5-F8 generation Romulan as the worked hard to develope a true romulan seed, they also have a freak romulan called romulan max and a bunch of romulan hybrids, if you want real romulan genetics check those guys as they still work with the original mom.

true grit

true grit

Nice call homie, I only knew of Federation and it only took about 15 seconds to find that Romulan for sale with Next Generation.... GreenLife Seeds seems to have them in stock as well as the crosses... anyone heard of/used GreenLife Seed Bank?

F

FastForward

Nice call homie, I only knew of Federation and it only took about 15 seconds to find that Romulan for sale with Next Generation.... GreenLife Seeds seems to have them in stock as well as the crosses... anyone heard of/used GreenLife Seed Bank?

Yup...they're fine. Mine are Next Gen from Greenlife, via another reseller.

true grit

true grit

Thanks FF- damn and I realized you said Next Gen in your first post.... too stoned I am I suppose :bong2:

Sweet I may have to check out the Next Gen stock from them then. The Romulan Max they offer looks to be crystally as shit!

Keep us posted how that finishes up!

S

SCC

Premium Member
Supporter
Next gen owns green life seeds, so going through green life will get you the real genetics. The romulan max is a freak pheno they isolated that is suppose to be real killer and also the romulan x grapefruit is bad ass! I know these guys as they are from canada, and many, many people grow there stuff here. Also there Dynamite if a SweetPinkGrapefruit F4.

M

MIZZ ELVIS

This is what I scraped up from the Mag collection......

According to "Romulan Joe" the original growers of what came to be the strain Romulan, began in a greenhouse in the 1950's from seeds brought back by US vets from Korea.
Initially the pure Korean Sativa had a hard time acclimating to weather in Victoria British Columbia.
Between the late 60's to the early 70's These growers began hybridizing and working with Colombian and Mexican genetics. They eventually hybridized the colombian/mexican crosses to the pure Korean sativa IBL they had been working.
It was from these initial Colombian/mexican x Korean crosses that The original Romulan Mother was selected from in 1976.
Supposedly in the mid 80's these growers began efforts to cross breed the Romulan lines with afghani strains but eventually went back to their original clone mother.
Through many generations of breeding, careful selections were made for shorter statured, faster maturing phenotypes. This has led many to believe that Romulan is a pure Indica.
The next generation seed company's Romulan is made with the original Romulan mom from 1976 crossed to an eighth generation backcrossed male that was selected from a run of 500 seeds.

On a side note Next generation has a "Romulan Max" selection that was made using a new mother found in a recent seed run. This new mother finished about a week quicker, and 30% bigger than the original Romulan mother, all the while maintaining the special characteristics of the original.

w00dy

w00dy

Premium Member
Supporter
Great info SCC Mizz Elvis had my eye on the romulan for a while

S

SCC

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks woody!

Just one suggestion, i think the romulan is a great plant, but i might suggest getting her if you want her for breeding as it has been inbred for many many generations, but if you want the best of both go with one of the romulan hybrids, lots of vigor almost like a F-1 generation. Just my 2 cents.

J

JonsiMan

hey Jonsiman, romulan was a cut Federation seeds and Next Generation worked with for many years. Don't know the real story of what happened but they they used to work together and they split, they both offer seeds but Next Generation's Romulan is more readily available, the Federation one is harder to get as there seeds are not distributed as much.

The next generation romulan i think is like a F5-F8 generation Romulan as the worked hard to develope a true romulan seed, they also have a freak romulan called romulan max and a bunch of romulan hybrids, if you want real romulan genetics check those guys as they still work with the original mom.

Thanks Bro, I will look into it. I hear that the Romulan Strain, no matter the cross, it is a very hard strain to master and yield its full potential.

S

SCC

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks Bro, I will look into it. I hear that the Romulan Strain, no matter the cross, it is a very hard strain to master and yield its full potential.

Thats why i suggested getting her for breeding, but also going with a hybrid, the hybrids offered by next gen are pretty refined, and it's a real plus if you get a cross that was done with a real easy grower like a romulan grapefruit cross, badd ass!

purpleberry

purpleberry

I grew a Romulan cut a few times and really didnt like growing it. It did get FAT buds if you did it right, but was to picky for me to grow.

buffbuds

buffbuds

Reeferman did a version of romulan, its the second best weed I've grown in 3 years... just stretches a bit too much for my tastes. But, everyone loves the stuff....

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

I ran Next gen romulan last year, some of the most beautiful tasting herb I've smoked. I had one pheno thats was like fruity sugar. Never had the clone only of that one, but if thats what it tastes like, fuck, i want it!

D

DaddyzCrazy

I just finished flowering out their Romulan x Hashplant and all I can say is....

HOLY SHIT!!!!!

Great product!!!

I'd go for the PURE Rom if I were you bro!!!

chadkush

chadkush

Is their romulan a high thc level strain? If i remember rite i think federations clocked in at 18% thc any one else no more? I want the straight rom but hear that the rom max is the better one?

Latest posts

Top Bottom