Looking for some friendly advice

• Thread starter Symbioid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Symbioid

Symbioid

I think this is nute lockout? due to watering with a low ph, i just watered yesterday at 5.8, im wondering if i should water again tomorrow (would be overwatered a little) with a higher ph to try and resolve this issue.

Median is 30/70 coco promix ph using remo ph perfect nutrient line

Looking for some friendly advice
Looking for some friendly advice 2
Looking for some friendly advice 3
Cook2010

Cook2010

*im a very new grower

i would let the medium dry out before rewatering, it should be able to buffer your last low ph feeding
whats your source of water? ppm? starting ph?
also condition of the room and lighting wouldnt hurt.
the more info the better off you are

im sure more experienced people will chime in soon

Symbioid

Symbioid

Any help is appretiated!! This is my first time so thank you i will deffinatly do that

My tap water is soft enough so im using that its around 140ppm before i do anything to it at 7.1-7.4ph i let it sit for 24 hours before it gets used aswell

Tent conditions are 24-25 c rh is 51-55% 3 fans and a vivosun 4" out

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok first 3 fans in a little tent may be a bit to much. You want indirect airflow. Like a cyclone or toilet bowl (whichever way you prefer to think of it)

To do so 1-2 fans faced at the wall just below canopy level. Not over top . Creates good air mixing and your exhaust fan them pulls it up and out.

Nutrients at 500ppm ish for this stage of growth Ph'ed to 5.8.

Next read thipost.t and feed accordingly.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Just throwin this out there , it's probably not your problem but in my observation many people over train , pinch crop etc .... Some strains don't like that , some get stressed and other factors like over / under watering , nute heat issues further stresss a plant that wasn't strong enough to be trained .....
Just sayin , keep it in mind for the future ...
What strain or name is the plant ?
Just my opinion some may disagree ....

dire wolf

dire wolf

Ok first 3 fans in a little tent may be a bit to much. You want indirect airflow. Like a cyclone or toilet bowl (whichever way you prefer to think of it)

To do so 1-2 fans faced at the wall just below canopy level. Not over top . Creates good air mixing and your exhaust fan them pulls it up and out.

Nutrients at 500ppm ish for this stage of growth Ph'ed to 5.8.

Next read thipost.t and feed accordingly.

Yup

Symbioid

Symbioid

The 2 plants in question havent had any training done actually, over watering might be playing a small part in the plants issues aswell but my fear is thats not the whole problem

Symbioid

Symbioid

thank you aquaman i appologize i did not see your post at first this is how ive got it setup

20201213 201455
dire wolf

dire wolf

How
I think this is nute lockout? due to watering with a low ph, i just watered yesterday at 5.8, im wondering if i should water again tomorrow (would be overwatered a little) with a higher ph to try and resolve this issue.

Median is 30/70 coco promix ph using remo ph perfect nutrient line
these plants haven't had any training ? Damn I'm losing my touch ....they look pinched to me

Symbioid

Symbioid

I am so sorry yes they were topped a while back but they were totally healthy up until a couple days ago

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok I just read ph perfect nutrients so need to change what I said. Feed as per thread I linked. Your not over watering almost impossible to do in coco.

With ph perfect nutrients follow this

600ppm

Do NOT adjust the PH it will mess up the nutrients.

Always stay between 400-800ppm or it won't maintain ph well.

Should be used with RO water if possible.

Symbioid

Symbioid

So what your saying is stop using ph down and go and buy the big bottles of ro water to feed?

Thank you so much guys for taking the time to help out a newbie i love this form!!

Symbioid

Symbioid

Same strain as the plants in question same feeding schedual median and everything.. out of my other tent with waay lower grade lighting, i have another one twin to this just as healthy aswell again they are about ready for bed but this is why ive been so concerned, should i maybe try turning my optic 8+ down a little aswell?

20201213 202842
Madmax

Madmax

Ive had a fan at top since the start of flower @Aqua Man blowing across them oscilating.. does this dry out the leaves or hinder the extraction fan.its only a slight rustle.i know pointing your fans downward pushes warm air back downand not letting the cool air circulate propper..

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You dont have to get RO and personally I would try the tap first.

Yes absolutely never PH adjust those nutrients ot will mess them up.

Feed them 1 litre each per event.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ive had a fan at top since the start of flower @Aqua Man blowing across them oscilating.. does this dry out the leaves or hinder the extraction fan.its only a slight rustle.i know pointing your fans downward pushes warm air back downand not letting the cool air circulate propper..
No it won't create issue unless blowing hot air but let me explain. Leaves transpire on the bottom side of the leaf through stomata... so to eliminate microclimates, create the best gas exchange for the leaf we need to move air to the undersides of the leaves.

When you blow from the top it acts as a hydrofoil sonits not as effective.

Top Bottom