looking for some help setting up a drip system

• Thread starter LEDNewbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

LEDNewbie

hey everyone. was hoping some of the experts here could help with some advice on setting up a drip system for my garden.....

i plan on growing 27 plants in 2 gallon smart pots with canna coco as my medium. they will be sittng in two 4x8 flood trays getting feed drain to waste. there will be three Gavita 1000w lights hanging above the two flood trays.

i already have a 55 gallon plastic drum as my nutrient reservoir. i want to run two drippers per pot. and i was thinking for the ultimate in reliability i would run two seperate pumps. each pump feeding one of the drippers in the pot. that way if there ever is a pump failure the plants will still get feed by one dripper and prevent total crop failure!!!

was looking online and found these 9 port drip manifolds. was thinking i could run six of these manifolds. three manifolds off of each pump, then i could run one dripper from one manifold/pump combo. and the second dripper off of the other manifold and pump.

what do you guys think of this idea? i have a bunch of links of the products i'd like to run so i could show you guys and see what you think but for some reason this website won't let me post them??????

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Sounds good to me or you can buy the hose and a barb punch and make your own. You might want to run some drip clean to keep things flowing. Or you could just flood the table 4 times a day.

Gangaman

Gangaman

sounds like you are on the right track. sounds very similar to my setup except I have 4 1000w on a solar revolution and I like to do 64 plants in my two 4X8's in 3 gal smart pots. presumably you'll be vegging for more time tan I do (7-10 days) to fill the space more effectively with fewer plants?

L

LEDNewbie

thanks guys, yes ive read jacks thread, very informative!!!

does anyone know if a check valve or somethng needs to be run after the pump to keep it primed?? thanks

Top Bottom