looking for some info on pineapple chunk

• Thread starter elprofesor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

elprofesor

hey everyone i'm new to the site although i've been growing for years. i guess i just need a place to find info from people with experience...my current issue is i'm growing barney's pineapple chunk. i've been trying to find out more info about the strain since all the descriptions i find say mostly indica, and that its a cross of "pineapple"x cheese x skunk. well mine is def sativa dom, it does smell like pineapple. it didn't stretch as much as other sativa's i've grown, but the calyx to leaf ration is insane, almost no leaf! its crusted with trichomes out to the fan leaves and i'm at day 35. the fan leaves have very thin and serrated fingers and are only 5 fingers total. basically what i'm trying to figure out is what this "pineapple" strain really is since mine def seems to be leaning towards that. does anyone know the true genetics used in creating this strain???
Pineapple_Chunk_Day_39.jpg

smokey79

smokey79

i am growing same in coco and have two phenos one as urs sat dom 5-7 leaf and a slighly smaller more skunk/indica dom, all i know is the pineapple is a much sought after sat hawian or ti cant rememba sure dont smell pineapple but cheesy, maybe pineapple afta taste=)

G

Green Supreme

Think Sonic Seeds has a pineapple, might look into it. Peace GS

E

elprofesor

yeah mine has more of a hazey smell to it, and i don't know if its because i'm using sweet citrus, but after about week 3, it started developing a sweet and citrusy pineapple smell on top of the hazey smell, but the trich coverage is absolutely amazing!!!

B

biggs

if it is sonics pineapple here is the make up:

uk pineapple = 1982 sk1 x westmoreland jamaican alaska, sativa indica hybrid

no idea if this was used. but i do know that he knows derry.

E

elprofesor

ok after some research i found what i think the pineapple chunk is, or is most similar to. the flying dutchmen pineapple punch, which is a cross of the real mccoy x skunk #1, cuz the description they give is spot on and pics i've seen are very similar... they say 2nd to 3rd week a pineapple scent that is strong perfume like, sweet and spicy which mine def is...
maybe this "pineapple" barney's used was the real mccory which they crossed to the cheese/skunk #1 trying to create something similar to the pineapple punch

E

elprofesor

and if i remember correctly i believe the real mccoy has hawaiian sativa as one of its parents

E

elprofesor

ok so my sativa dom pineapple chunk is basically done and it's day 55...so maybe my guess of genetics aren't so accurate....maybe a pineapple c99 was used? i don't know anymore, but it is def something special i can tell from looking at it, and the few samples ive taken of branches i've removed have been very good despite being premature

E

elprofesor

I don't know if i'd call it cheesy, then again I've never had any authentic cheese bud, it did have a similar taste to a skunk #1 i've had that was also very sativa leaning, but in the end after a cure it really did taste very similar to pineapple with some spice to it and would put u to sleep with the littlest bit very very heavy stone

one thing that stood out to me about this plant was the size of the resin heads on the trichomes, they were huge...i've heard a lot of negative opinions of this strain, i guess i just got lucky to get the ideal seed

Top Bottom