Looking for some living soil product recommendations

• Thread starter Garbage_bear
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

I am trying “living soil” grows because of how much cannabis I consume. I want it to be as healthy as possible. The last grow I used “Earth Dust” with pretty good results but the plants seemed hungry. I spent way more than I intended to with the earth dust as well using teas with it. It is supposed to be a water only grow with earth dust. PH self regulates with living soil supposedly.

I want to try some other products to compare and see what works the best. Has anyone had good luck with other dry amendments or any else for living soil?

Looking for some living soil product recommendations
Looking for some living soil product recommendations 2
Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
I am trying “living soil” grows because of how much cannabis I consume. I want it to be as healthy as possible. The last grow I used “Earth Dust” with pretty good results but the plants seemed hungry. I spent way more than I intended to with the earth dust as well using teas with it. It is supposed to be a water only grow with earth dust. PH self regulates with living soil supposedly.

I want to try some other products to compare and see what works the best. Has anyone had good luck with other dry amendments or any else for living soil?
It's an entire rabbit hole and if you really want to go down it you should look into Dr. Elaine Ingham's Soil Food Web courses, books on organic farming/gardening, etc.

I'd highly suggest starting your own compost piles and looking into no-till regenerative growing books, videos, anything you can get your hands on.

Organic store-bought ferts are expensive and hard to trust, you don't know where that "organic" material came from or if it was done properly.

There are entire degrees on this subject so get ready for an education 🤠

R

ritoMox

Deadstill hit the nail on the head! The following is some good listening✌️

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
I forgot to mention - Royal Gold was at CannaCon 22 and hooked me up with a couple bags of their new organic fertilizers called "Crown Jewels" that is OMRI listed and registered with the CDFA. I will be doing a review of it soon and deciding if I want to invest in some of that for next year's hemp crops, until we can establish enough of our own compost fertilizer. But check it out - https://royalgoldcoco.com/crown-jewels/

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Biggggg pots man, i run 600gal for one plant. Its all about surface area, when relying on raw foods and biology i.e the living soil food wed....size does make a difference. Check out Tim Wilson, and Tad Hussey from KIS organics. KIS and BAS are the bomb you should defiantly check them out.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

There is no water only, and if your "organic' nuts cost too much your a sucker. I spend pennys on the stuff, using compost tea, home made compost, and malted grains. Raw imputs like guano and manure, kelp and alfalfa, are relatively in expensive. Fish for N and constant scratch ins and your golden. I spent about 5k in total to grow out 12 of these puppys

13FDF3AE DF56 474B B832 82D5ECA58DDE 1 105 c
BE8AD2F7 A413 4E1A 91A3 76858A9E81DF 1 105 c

Got problems? EEEEE CALL A G
Fix them problems using By all a G
It starts and ends with the OrGanics

R

ritoMox

I spend pennys on the stuff, using compost tea, home made compost, and malted grains. Raw imputs like guano and manure, kelp and alfalfa, are relatively in expensive. Fish for N and constant scratch ins and your golden I spent about 5k in total to grow out 12 of these puppys
Wait what? Is that FIVE THOUSAND dollars or a typo?

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

No man, and thats ballin on a budget, now that 5g includes making 36yards of the premo soils(bootstrappin) 5k wouldn't even get you two pots full of FOFF or Roots, seeds, fat ol hoops house and all the scratch ins and feeds my heart could desire. In just nutes? 800 or so for my year run. I mean 12 plants at 5+- per plant if you line that against a bottle fed grower 5g is nothing. Organics doesnt mean cost free. And the eternal fight is spending money vs spending hours, a big part of what cost soo much was my time, hauling truck loads of manure, and sawdust, paying backhoe to mix and fill pots and dirt.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

I use Down to earths stuff a lot, as well as the buckets of guano and the roots dry stuff, you need to be able to buy based on NPK and cost effectiveness not just one nutrients line up. I may use ten different brands of dry stuff on top of the brewing store and the health foods store. But a few tips for organic monsters;
Bigger dirt better, plant them further than you ever think is needed(use all your space), make sure you have a fluffy mix, and a lotta of manure will help everything bang and cut your nute cost. Fish is all the N you could ever need. Scratch in every 10 days increasing the amount every time. pots work best but in lu dig holes or trences and back fill

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

check @Shaded_One thread if you into something a little simpler

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

I’m gonna be trying down to earth products. Read really good reviews

R

ritoMox

No man, and thats ballin on a budget, now that 5g includes making 36yards of the premo soils(bootstrappin) 5k wouldn't even get you two pots full of FOFF or Roots, seeds, fat ol hoops house and all the scratch ins and feeds my heart could desire. In just nutes? 800 or so for my year run. I mean 12 plants at 5+- per plant if you line that against a bottle fed grower 5g is nothing. Organics doesnt mean cost free. And the eternal fight is spending money vs spending hours, a big part of what cost soo much was my time, hauling truck loads of manure, and sawdust, paying backhoe to mix and fill pots and dirt.
For 12 of those beauties, 5K is a steal!👍✌️

Top Bottom