Looking for some stressing techniques

• Thread starter Afghi420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Afghi420

Afghi420

Im looking for some techniques people have tried when it comes to stressing in the final week of flower. I remember years ago me and a friend were growing some afghi, one grow he tried something in the final week where he went from 12/12 back to 24 hours on. He only did this for the last week or less, might have only been a few days possibly.. Not long enough to stress it to the point of putting out male flowers or anything.. It did make a noticeable difference in the amount of crystal on the buds though.. One thing i did notice though that i didnt like is it actually took away from the smell quite a bit.. Just wonderi9ng if there is something i can do maybe for the last 2 or 3 days that will increase resin production, or maybe something that will make the smells come out even better.. The plants are doing amazing and are coated in crystal already, and have a beautiful smell, but if there is something i can do to make them even better i wouldnt mind trying it. I have been dying to try the Black Domina for awhile now, and finally im am only about a week away from harvesting 2 plants just packed full of rock hard, resin soaked buds, i really can't wait... :P btw this photo is atleast 2+ weeks old..
Zoomed

reloader

reloader

That bud looks pretty good. I would say you are more then a week out based on how that bud looks. Hard to tell colors under hps lighting but it looks like the hairs are still white on top of the bud, and standing straight out. in my experience the hairs on top will look withered and the bud will have a more hardened appearence, then you are week out to fully ripen. I would say to simply get the most powerful herb would be just to wait, and wait and keep checking with your 30X or more power microscope until you start to see a lot of amber tricombs, then and only then is the plant as potent as it can be.

Afghi420

Afghi420

That bud looks pretty good. I would say you are more then a week out based on how that bud looks. Hard to tell colors under hps lighting but it looks like the hairs are still white on top of the bud, and standing straight out. in my experience the hairs on top will look withered and the bud will have a more hardened appearence, then you are week out to fully ripen. I would say to simply get the most powerful herb would be just to wait, and wait and keep checking with your 30X or more power microscope until you start to see a lot of amber tricombs, then and only then is the plant as potent as it can be.

Yes, as i said the picture is a couple weeks old.. I took off a small lower branch 3 days ago when i began my flush. I chopped up the bud and rolled it this morning as i couldn't wait any longer to try the Domina finally. Anyway, a lower small bud that still had white hairs on it, with just a 3 day drying period and i was very impressed with the high. 3 hours in and i still have a good buzz, very pleased. I can't wait to have a few jars full of this stuff, with even a couple weeks curing i think this bud will be right up my alley..

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

DO NOT GIVE THEM MORE THEN 12 HOURS OF LIGHT PER DAY!!!!

That will cause them to reveg, which is why his plants lost some smell when he gave them 24 hours of light. When they reveg, they will not produce trichs because they are back in the vegetation cycle. Drop the temps and RH, that usually stresses them. I also talked to someone a couple days ago and he gives his plants ice cold water during the last week of flush and he said it works great, but I never tried that before. I have dropped temps to the low 60's and it came out more crystalline then the harvest before that. Only give them ice water during the last week because if done sooner you could lose weight. Good luck bro.

chronicdreams

chronicdreams

FUCKING STRESSING FOR ADVANTAGE IS A DAMN URBAN LEGEND. There is no magic bullet to get your plants to fucking explode. It is taking optimal care of your plant for it's entire life. They are not producing any more THC by you poking or prodding them.

Let us look at common "stresses" done and their ACTUAL reactions

Fucking with the light schedule. Any more than 12 hrs light they will start reverting back to veg, delaying your harvest.

NO GROWTH HAPPENS IN THE DARK, no photosynthesis = no growth resin production anything. So I hope that answers the leaving dark for 48 hours.

Removal of fan leaves: This is the plants last storage spot for sugar. Leave it be

Stabbing of nail thru stalk: are you fucking serious? Loss of nutrient uptake, zero benefit.

TEMP changes: ok. your plant always wanted its water at 65-68 and its room at 75. DRASTIC room temp changes will bring out some coloring in your plant, but will also drastically slow its maturation rate. drastic changes in res temp will kill them overnight.

Just like any prize pig, you want the best, you treat it the best and give it the best conditions till its dying day.

chronicdreams

chronicdreams

btw that pic is at least 2-3 weeks out from ready I would say

Top Bottom