Looking for suggestion on thrip control inside while in flower

• Thread starter drinkingcoffeeinmaine
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
drinkingcoffeeinmaine

drinkingcoffeeinmaine

Looking for suggestion of thrip control while in 6 week of flower of 9-10 week strains.
Had what I considers a solid foliage spray IPM prior to flower and was super cautious about hygiene inside, but just noticed some damage to leaves that is thrip suspicious and was looking for any suggestions
I am tempted to defoliate and let it ride rather than treat any foliage, but that seems like it could be a bad idea

flowerdave

flowerdave

I am a fan of predatory mites if it isn't too bad. maybe a couple minute pirate bugs if you are into that kinda thing. The way that thrips move around defoliating prob wouldn't do anything. The adults would just move to the next leaf. Obviously i don't like the idea of spraying anything when in flower. Well that's my 2 cents. Good luck

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

Looking for suggestion of thrip control while in 6 week of flower of 9-10 week strains.
Had what I considers a solid foliage spray IPM prior to flower and was super cautious about hygiene inside, but just noticed some damage to leaves that is thrip suspicious and was looking for any suggestions
I am tempted to defoliate and let it ride rather than treat any foliage, but that seems like it could be a bad idea

I had thrips last year and used a vacuum cleaner to take a lot of them out. They aren't strong flyers and you get a lot of them with the vac. Since I was growing in a solarium I found if I opened the door during the day the thrips left when they got a chance (they don't stay in a tent but went for solarium windows).

You are noticing thrip damage but don't see thrips? Thrips are very good at reproducing, very bad at hiding.

drinkingcoffeeinmaine

drinkingcoffeeinmaine

I had thrips last year and used a vacuum cleaner to take a lot of them out. They aren't strong flyers and you get a lot of them with the vac. Since I was growing in a solarium I found if I opened the door during the day the thrips left when they got a chance (they don't stay in a tent but went for solarium windows).

You are noticing thrip damage but don't see thrips? Thrips are very good at reproducing, very bad at hiding.

A19EFA0F D2D1 4B96 8940 3995A5883EAB
drinkingcoffeeinmaine

drinkingcoffeeinmaine

This is the damage I am seeing on a very few leaves. I haven’t seen any active thrips persay, but I think I see desiccated remains, (what look like white flakes of tiny skin) which may be a result of having sprayed w spinosad while in veg; possibly it’s still working?
I just spotted this damage, and had not noticed any pest activity till yesterday.
There are fungus gnats that I have been treating w t-drops, so I may haphazardly disregard flying/ jumping thrips as those.

Besides blue cards, do you have any suggestions for being able to spot the thrips? Are they distinguishable w a jewelers scope?

flowerdave

flowerdave

That doesn't look like thrips damage. Tiny white skins are usually aphids. You can see thrips easy with your eyes. If you blow on a flower softly the thrips will come scurrying out

Top Bottom