• Tagged users None
PA FARMER

PA FARMER

Newbie looking for suggestions on easy and good buds will be indoors
Thank You
PA_Farmer

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

...if you are new at this hobby i'd suggest you learn your chops on free bagseeds and that you not move up to store bought genetics until you can be reasonably sure you can keep them alive, ...my first attempt i popped 30 beans and managed to kill them all within 2 weeks, ...so i popped 30 more and of this second batch only 5 survived long enough to be sexed, fortunately, 4 were female and i used these to learn how to flower and also how to clone reliably and i grew these 4 females for over a year before i spent any money on beans.

...if you already have at lease some experience then you could maybe check out BOG's gear, several of his variety's are supposed to be very easy to grow plus, most are fast finishers, ...under 50 days. (BOG is also a well respected breeder here and across the interweb, he is no beginner so you can be reasonably sure you will get what you are promised and that it will perform as promised)

...anyway, i can't speak to this from experience because i've not yet grown out any of his gear but i have some Bogglegum and some Sour Boggle on the way and both are described as easy to grow, that's not why i ordered them but it is supposed to be a feature of both of these flavors.

peace, bozo

as has been said already, there is a link to THCbay up above and there you will be able to browse through the different vendors until you find something that seems to fit your needs.

PA FARMER

PA FARMER

...if you are new at this hobby i'd suggest you learn your chops on free bagseeds and that you not move up to store bought genetics until you can be reasonably sure you can keep them alive, ...my first attempt i popped 30 beans and managed to kill them all within 2 weeks, ...so i popped 30 more and of this second batch only 5 survived long enough to be sexed, fortunately, 4 were female and i used these to learn how to flower and also how to clone reliably and i grew these 4 females for over a year before i spent any money on beans.

...if you already have at lease some experience then you could maybe check out BOG's gear, several of his variety's are supposed to be very easy to grow plus, most are fast finishers, ...under 50 days. (BOG is also a well respected breeder here and across the interweb, he is no beginner so you can be reasonably sure you will get what you are promised and that it will perform as promised)

...anyway, i can't speak to this from experience because i've not yet grown out any of his gear but i have some Bogglegum and some Sour Boggle on the way and both are described as easy to grow, that's not why i ordered them but it is supposed to be a feature of both of these flavors.

peace, bozo

as has been said already, there is a link to THCbay up above and there you will be able to browse through the different vendors until you find something that seems to fit your needs.

Cort

Cort

Bag seed is good advise.

Blue dreams is an easy cut to grow.

Read read read. Watch a few you tube videos too. There are some growers who walk you thru exactly what they do and discuss pros/cons of doing things

PA FARMER

PA FARMER

Bag seed is good advise.

Blue dreams is an easy cut to grow.

Read read read. Watch a few you tube videos too. There are some growers who walk you thru exactly what they do and discuss pros/cons of doing things
Thanks Bro
PA_Farmer

Dunge

Dunge

NO. Don't do it!
I was unlucky enough to get my start after being gifted two small plants one spring 5 years ago.
I much later learned that these plants were cuttings from bag seed.
I struggled mightily for years trying to get this plant to grow properly.
Once I purchased some seed, I got a chance to see what could be done.

I agree that germination can be tricky for a true beginner,
http://www.mandalaseeds.com/Guides/Germination-Guide
but to invest the months of care and cost it takes to do a full cycle, do it with good seed.
The MMJ seed market is one of the greatest advantages present day growers enjoy.

Most modern seed producers are passionate about their work.
Most of it is hyped, but honestly, (though vaguely) described.
Bag seed is most often the result of mistakes, and these hermaphroditic tenancies are universally selected against in modern sensi growing styles.

justanotherbozo is my inspiration for a hempy bucket grow, so this disagreement is an amusement.
For the most part, I suspect we would agree on most subjects.
But not on bag seed.
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...grow-results-from-compelling-testimony.62885/

PA FARMER

PA FARMER

NO. Don't do it!
I was unlucky enough to get my start after being gifted two small plants one spring 5 years ago.
I much later learned that these plants were cuttings from bag seed.
I struggled mightily for years trying to get this plant to grow properly.
Once I purchased some seed, I got a chance to see what could be done.

I agree that germination can be tricky for a true beginner,
http://www.mandalaseeds.com/Guides/Germination-Guide
but to invest the months of care and cost it takes to do a full cycle, do it with good seed.
The MMJ seed market is one of the greatest advantages present day growers enjoy.

Most modern seed producers are passionate about their work.
Most of it is hyped, but honestly, (though vaguely) described.
Bag seed is most often the result of mistakes, and these hermaphroditic tenancies are universally selected against in modern sensi growing styles.

justanotherbozo is my inspiration for a hempy bucket grow, so this disagreement is an amusement.
For the most part, I suspect we would agree on most subjects.
But not on bag seed.
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...grow-results-from-compelling-testimony.62885/
Thanks Bro
PA_Farmer

indicabush

indicabush

Howdy.....What's your set-up like? Grow-room, closet, tent, micro grow, hydro, soil.....I'm probably going to
catch flack from this.......Auto Flower....simple and quick.... varieties 42 -7o days seed to flower and they
have come a long way in the past few years (quality and yield). I play around with them once in awhile.

Venom818

Venom818

if your in a med state or have good friends or access get bubba kush it grows itself basically lol

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

...personally, i would never grow out an autoflowering strain unless it was for an outdoor op in a northern climate with an exceedingly short growing season, for indoors auto's just don't make any sense.

...i have a few in my collection that i have been cloning and flowering out for more than 5 years and i always have a few seed plants going so i can search for another 'keeper', ...with auto's there are no keepers, one seed equals one plant, period.

...i like having some certainty in my op and i don't mean being certain that, no matter how good a particular plant might be, it can't be cloned or replicated, it will be whatever it is and that will be that.

...for me i feel it is far better to take the time to grow out photo-periodic seeds, whether they be just regulars or femminized, so that i can hunt down a new mother and gain control over another flavor that i can then carry forward into the future and continue to enjoy that flavor for years to come, ...phuck a few ounces from an auto just the one time.

peace, bozo

PA FARMER

PA FARMER

Howdy.....What's your set-up like? Grow-room, closet, tent, micro grow, hydro, soil.....I'm probably going to
catch flack from this.......Auto Flower....simple and quick.... varieties 42 -7o days seed to flower and they
have come a long way in the past few years (quality and yield). I play around with them once in awhile.
Grow room enough to start 30 plants since im a Newbie thinking of soil maybe later try hydro when i have some more exsperience was thinking of buying some seeds called EASY BUD from Queens oak seeds says its easy also Thank you for your information all helps
PA_Farmer

TheDankBlog

TheDankBlog

Thank you for the advice
PA_FARMER
Unless you have access to cuttings/clones. That would be the easiest because then you know you'd have females. Blue Dream, Green Crack, Sour Diesel have been fairly grower friendly.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

I have just now started to grow myself and if you read whats up here on the farm, IMHO take advice from guys like Cap and Bozo you cant go wrong...
I have my 1st real genetics from here and two healthy plants. they are small but I am proud, and I started under CFL 6500 and 2700 then 4ft T5 maybe something a bit higher later. For now its a great day to grow brother. stick to good Beans I don't suggest the auto I just ended up that way Oops. Much luck

Top Bottom