Looking for thai power inc iso2 machine

• Thread starter MotaMan4560
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MotaMan4560

Ok all you oldies -- I still have a Thai Power Inc Iso2 -- extraction machine.. My question is , I heard of a Iso3 but cannot find the maker. Nor can I find a seller. Have any of you?

I am missing the main pot that holds the solvent and material to be extracted (an east find) on my 1977 Iso2. The beauty was that you could reclaim the solvent with little loss when making oil.... I'm looking for the machine , like the Iso2, that is meant for the small grower / processor that is in production today.. It was the Ron Popiel of the day - set it and forget it.

Happy growing

MotaMan

M

MotaMan4560

There is not one person who patronizes this forum that can remember Thai Power Inc Iso 2 machine ? this is from the 70's --- dudes and ladies ! High Times always had this in their pages of wisdom and entertainment..

What a welcome party to a new member - pathetic

MotaMan

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
welcome - i looked up that machine and it looks like a chocolate fountain. it's funny how i cant find any info on a iso3 - but people discuss it. i wonder if it's a unicorn. that being said - this product is 45 years old and that probably immediately alienates a chunk of users

0_oVQ85U_400x400.jpeg

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

There is not one person who patronizes this forum that can remember Thai Power Inc Iso 2 machine ? this is from the 70's --- dudes and ladies ! High Times always had this in their pages of wisdom and entertainment..

MotaMan
I know there are older people on here but im gonna bet that not everyone in the world had on of those things.... youre talking about something 50 years old..

M

MotaMan4560

Great to hear from some of ya --- yeah my machine was purchased in 79 --- and is does look like a chocolate fountain (same thing my 5 yr old granddaughter said) .. The Iso 3 is a machine that cannot be found .. The Iso 2 did it all , removed the goodies and even reclaimed the solvent. I was just wondering if anyone new of any new "home" machines for oil processing, my machine saw many travels and I lost a part to her and that is why I was looking for any update in the art of oil removal.

Thanks for all your input -- it was good to hear from fellow heads.

MotaMan

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

I had one of the originals. I think I bought it in 1974-75. My uncle caught me making oil in my room, took it outside, and smashed it on the ground. I think I was about 16 when I bought it. It wasnt cheap either. I think it cost about $150 then. Which was way overpriced. But if you wanted it, you had to pay what they asked.
I ordered mine from High Times. I think they advertised them on the back cover.

Also from what I remember Sulfuric Acid, and Baking Soda were also part of the process. Sulfuric Acid first, and then Baking Soda to neutralize the acid.

M

MotaMan4560

Yes memory serves me correctly , the sulfuric acid came in a small brown bottle. I think this was their way of decarbing -- they phrased it such as "rotating" the delta 8 & 9 thc into THC - you had to add several drops to your extracted solution and then run the machine for couple more hours afterwards adding soda to neutralize the acid and then start the reclamation of the solvent used. I remember the basic instructions but there were recipes for other extractions.

I grabbed mine from a fellow sailor shipping out - he'd bought it when at school in Millington TN - we were making hash oil then , those were the days.
I had mine shipped back home -- but one of my sisters friends decided to open the pckg and lost the instruction manuals.. Back then they also sold kits for stove top use -- safe if your used a hot plate..

Now I'm using a Magic Butter Machine to great delight for my extractions.. Got the machine running now --

MotaMan

M

MotaMan4560

I still have mine -- but missing the vessel that holds the solvent and weed.. still looking for replacement

MotaMan

S

sativa32

Ok all you oldies -- I still have a Thai Power Inc Iso2 -- extraction machine.. My question is , I heard of a Iso3 but cannot find the maker. Nor can I find a seller. Have any of you?

I am missing the main pot that holds the solvent and material to be extracted (an east find) on my 1977 Iso2. The beauty was that you could reclaim the solvent with little loss when making oil.... I'm looking for the machine , like the Iso2, that is meant for the small grower / processor that is in production today.. It was the Ron Popiel of the day - set it and forget it.

Happy growing

MotaMan
I have aISO2

C

cannajon

Great to hear from some of ya --- yeah my machine was purchased in 79 --- and is does look like a chocolate fountain (same thing my 5 yr old granddaughter said) .. The Iso 3 is a machine that cannot be found .. The Iso 2 did it all , removed the goodies and even reclaimed the solvent. I was just wondering if anyone new of any new "home" machines for oil processing, my machine saw many travels and I lost a part to her and that is why I was looking for any update in the art of oil removal.

Thanks for all your input -- it was good to hear from fellow heads.

MotaMan
I have one I just took a photo of, there's an ISO 4 machine that can process a kilo of flower at a time. I have one but haven't used it yet.

I might have a photo of the ISO 4 at thecannabishempmuseum.com

IMG 20230808 143009866 HDR2
B

Bigbaldmike

MotaMan
I remember this machine very well…the one I had was borrowed and never returned! Been looking for one ever since. I was able to get another complete manual. This unit worked VERY well. The oil it produced was primo, but very easy to burn in the final stage. To dip “green” in the final product was a epic combo!

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

I had one in like 1974-75, and my uncle caught me making hash oil, up in my bedroom. He took it out on the front sidewalk, and smashed it to smithereens.
My cousin, who was 6 years older than me, and who I smoked with every now and then, went and told my uncle what I was doing. I was about 15-16. I didnt talk to him for 20 years after that.

B

BlueDragonfly

Happy growing

MotaMan
I have one for sale

B

BlueDragonfly

Happy growing

MotaMan
I have one for sale

B

brianT

I actually own a Thai power iso2 the only thing I a missing is the glass dish and the springs for the hold down. It still has the cork gasket and the 116 W light bulb and does work but never used it

20221111 170258
20221111 170304
M

MotaMan4560

I actually own a Thai power iso2 the only thing I a missing is the glass dish and the springs for the hold down. It still has the cork gasket and the 116 W light bulb and does work but never used it
Do you have the instruction manual ? -- All I'm missing is the retention vessel that holds all the goodies - all it is is an serving container like the ones ya see for salad dressing in self serve salad islands ( the ones sunk in ice) , but I can't find exact fit. Will you sell?

MotaMan

B

brianT

I also am missing the instruction manual but I have seen them on e bay for sale but haven't not bought it yet. I would rather keep it at this point but really want to start using but would also like to pick up another 1 if I could sorry.

M

MotaMan4560

I also am missing the instruction manual but I have seen them on e bay for sale but haven't not bought it yet. I would rather keep it at this point but really want to start using but would also like to pick up another 1 if I could sorry.
Thanks anyway -- I had to ship mine when I was shipping out to Virginia from Tennessee back in 78 and my sister lost the manual -- I remember some of it but not all -- Good luck -- it is a relic that does actually work. I will continue my quest - Happy Growing

MotaMan

Latest posts

Top Bottom