Looking for the Girls

• Thread starter Nick007
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nick007

Nick007

I’m a novice grower. In fact This is my first grow. Im using FFOF soil and nutes. With 1200w king led and 300w (old)MarzHydro. I’m not sure if I stressed these hopefully!! girls out when I started them under CFLs. I believe I was watering just a bit to much. Then when moving them to the LED’s. I think I hung the lights to far away. Anyways. Idk they seem small.

I’m 28 days in.... How and when can I figure out if they are females? If I topped/fim’ed them can that slow down pre flowers forming? If anyone has any experience with a 1200w king LED. I would appreciate hearing what heights you veg and flower with. And how many plants you think you could flower with it. I have a million questions. I’ll keep this short though. Thanks in advance for any help. I’m going to try and figure out how to put up some pics with this.

Looking for the girls
Looking for the girls 2
Looking for the girls 3
Looking for the girls 4
Looking for the girls 5
HiDaze

HiDaze

Are these autoflowers or photo's (specifically react to your light cycle)?

Take a good look at your plants nodes to identify sex. Females will have a set of pistils which are long, thin and typically straight. If you're seeing small sacks forming this could be a male. Best advice take a pic and let us see what ya got!

As for topping / FIM - I found FIM too late in the grow with auto's puts the plant under additional stress right as she switches into flower and slowed down my budsight progression. Still saw a great outcome.

Just my 2 cents. Best of luck. Cant wait to see the end product ✌

Nick007

Nick007

Are these autoflowers or photo's (specifically react to your light cycle)?

Take a good look at your plants nodes to identify sex. Females will have a set of pistils which are long, thin and typically straight. If you're seeing small sacks forming this could be a male. Best advice take a pic and let us see what ya got!

As for topping / FIM - I found FIM too late in the grow with auto's puts the plant under additional stress right as she switches into flower and slowed down my budsight progression. Still saw a great outcome.

Just my 2 cents. Best of luck. Cant wait to see the end product ✌
I have a jewelers loop and a 1000x usb scope. These plant aren’t showing me anything. I can see only the smallest of dots with the 1000x. I’ll post a pic of what I’m talking about.
Thank you for commenting. Images to come
And they are photos.

Last edited:
HiDaze

HiDaze

I have a jewelers loop and a 1000x usb scope. These plant aren’t showing me anything. I can see only the smallest of dots with the 1000x. I’ll post a pic of what I’m talking about.
Thank you for commenting. Images to come
And they are photos.

You bet. Try not to stress too much. Could be too early to identify sex. But we will know more with a photo 👌

Top Bottom