looking for whatever tips u have

• Thread starter kushwrldwide
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kushwrldwide

kushwrldwide

Hi, I'm just starting to grow with hydroponics. I have a 5 gal bucket hooked up to a drip system, I'm only growing one plant to learn off of. So, any qdvice will help! Thank you

kushwrldwide

kushwrldwide

I have another plant in soil, the hdro plant is just to learn on.

poundzNdolla

poundzNdolla

Hi, I'm just starting to grow with hydroponics. I have a 5 gal bucket hooked up to a drip system, I'm only growing one plant to learn off of. So, any qdvice will help! Thank you
just saying when I came to the farm I just did nothing but read everything my TIP IS TO TRY AND READ EVERYTHING in your lane or not just cause you drive fast don't mean another driver can't catch UP [$ # & $ ]

poundzNdolla

poundzNdolla

@Theoneandonly Z a book helps a lot but THE FARM GET THINGS DONE RIGHT if you ask someone they will tell you right from wrong just DON'T WEAR YOUR HEART ON YOUR SHOULDER they are here to help at least 85% are here to help I learned THAT THE HARD WAY

kushwrldwide

kushwrldwide

Thanks guys, I'm going to get start right way with reading everything. Every little bit of information helps!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If you've got an iPhone or Android, Tablet, anything like that, use it for reading on the go. If you can't search on the farm (character limit can screw up searches for stuff like, say, LED, HPS, MH, LST, a whole slew of acronyms), then go to Google, enter the search term and add "@thcfarmer.com" and it'll bring up threads here.

Learn what the acronyms are. Like VPD, that's a really good one.

Welcome and have fun.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Logic has a list of 254 growfacts at the top they are very informational and you can learn alot here but helps to grab a book and get all the basic's first . Ed Rosen or Jose Cort both have very good informative books for like 30 bucks at most book stores ...

welcome

OrganicGanja

OrganicGanja

My first piece of advice for any and all hydroponics growers would be have an extra ph pen handy and make sure they are both of quality and make sure your ph is always on point. Clean your buckets out every res change if possible and avoid thick liquid products like molasses and other thick nutrients like General Organics line. However General Hydroponics is ok and is my preferred hydro nute. Thick liquids will clog drippers, sprayers heads and lines. Soil is more forgiving and tastes 10 × better after final flush IMHO. Nothing yeilds like a dialed in hydro setup rocking full blast tho. Food for thought. May you cannabis journeys be blessed with good fortune. Two very good reads for starters would be Marijuana Horticulture The Medical Growers Bible By George Cervantez as well as Eds Oaksterdams University Official Coursebook.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Thanks guys, I'm going to get start right way with reading everything. Every little bit of information helps!

Reading is not as good as doing. I agree with @OrganicGanja the two things you need are a pH pen and an EC pen/TDS meter, with calibration solution for both. These are your most important tools. Keep a physical pH test kit (droppers with color coding) as well and double check your pH against the meter reading with the drops every 3 days or so.

Get some GH 3 part to start with. You can do everything with that.

Put a 1" drain hole in the bucket, and connect a 3/4" ebb flow fitting to that drain hole. Then run a hose to your reservoir. Check your reservoir daily and adjust pH as necessary. Keep an eye on your pump that feeds the drippers. Good luck!

Top Bottom