Looking to Buy my First LEDS

• Thread starter gardenfather
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Can you really compare something that was meant to light a highway to a modern LED?

Sure can. Cobs were originally streetlights and high bay warehouse lighting. And boards and strips were designed to light retail spaces and store window displays.

Grow lights are a tiny part of the lighting market.

Anthem

Anthem

Sure can. Cobs were originally streetlights and high bay warehouse lighting. And boards and strips were designed to light retail spaces and store window displays.

Does that mean that the 500 pound gorilla Gavita just made boards and strips with their LED?

FourthCity

FourthCity

Can you really compare something that was meant to light a highway to a modern LED?

The city just replaced all the alley lights behind my house with leds and Im starting to see the same new led lights along the highway too.

DO IT

DO IT

So LED's and traditional bulbs are comparable? How often do you change chips out? How do you change the spectrum on your traditioanal bulb? Besides high consumption to power traditional lamps, you also need HVAC to cool them. I think they are comparable as you stated, as a light source. Now when it comes to using them as a source of energy for plants LED'S will blow traditional bulbs out of the water as time passes.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So LED's and traditional bulbs are comparable? How often do you change chips out? How do you change the spectrum on your traditioanal bulb? Besides high consumption to power traditional lamps, you also need HVAC to cool them. I think they are comparable as you stated, as a light source. Now when it comes to using them as a source of energy for plants LED'S will blow traditional bulbs out of the water as time passes.

Would need air conditiong and possibly more heat diring the cycle out here with leds. Hps is actually cheaper to run in winter.

The answer is always. Right tool for the job.

Top Bottom